Monday, January 12, 2015

~January in the Garden~


After the holiday,
 we always look forward to how the garden changes.
The garden comes alive with all the purple cabbages.
The lemons give that pop of yellow.
We're starting new vegetables to plant in the raised beds.


Broccoli was ready to pick.
It was delicious!
Purple Heirloom Broccoli
Cheddar Broccoli
Our Italian parsley is growing out of control.

Cabbages here and there add color.
Artichokes are doing very well after the rain in San Diego.
Tuscan kale, dinosaur kale, sage and delphinium in  
our octagon shaped raised bed.
A view of our hill after the trees were trimmed for spring.
Love the brick planter.
Pumpkins lined up near our dwarf apple trees.
Some fresh baked loaves of bread.
Salmon to grill with fresh vegetables 
to end a day in the garden.


11 comments:

  1. Your garden is absolutely beautiful! Love the cabbages!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bellissimo il tuo giardino!Bellissimi i cavoli!Baci,Rosetta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garden is beautiful and it's making my mouth water.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your garden. I wish mine could look like this in January. Mine is covered with 8 inches of snow and I probably won't see it again until the end of March if I am lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would be swooning...you are so lucky to have a year~round garden! And I love seeing it while we are SO cold! :)

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your garden looks delicious! The purple broccoli is so pretty. Asparagus and salmon is a wonderful combination, I can almost taste it. I have a great big turtle just like the one by your pool...unfortunately I don't have the pool!!!
    Best ~ Mickie

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so nice to see your garden while mine is buried in piles of snow. Lol Hoping that it won't be too long before my garden comes alive again. In the meantime, while I patiently (ahem) wait for spring, it is certainly nice to see that you are enjoying the views in your garden. Lovely!
    Linda at Beautiful Ideas

    ReplyDelete
  8. THANK you so much for sharing these photos!! It's 17 degrees here this morning and I'm missing my garden SO much. You gave me glimpses of my upcoming spring and summer. Enjoy your goodies!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm envious that you can actually garden in January. Thanks for taking our minds off our cold winter.
    Mary @ Orphans With Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  10. The purple cabbage and broccoli are so unusual looking, and very pretty. I can't wait to plant some flowers this spring at our new home. I am getting lots of inspiration while browsing through all your pictures. I really LOVE that statue. I've been looking for something just like it for my front porch, but haven't had any luck yet. Your garden is great, and my husband looks forward to starting one of his own.

    ~Sheri

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...