Thursday, March 10, 2016

~Beaded Easter Egg and Simple & Sweet Fridays #210~


I have been wanting to make a beaded Easter egg 
for a long time now.
I did make one with a friend and couldn't find it anywhere.
Have any of you had that same problem?
I have moved things from one room to the next to try and be organized, and then can't find a thing!!
So, I got inspired a couple of weeks ago when I saw everyone decorating for Easter!
I came across this article that I've saved for more than 10 years now
about Jennifer Byrne Paganelli.
She is the artist that inspired me to make one in the beginning.
Her studio is magical and filled with whimsical ornaments everywhere!
When I saw what she created I wanted to make one too!
You need a styrofoam egg.
~Straight Pins~
And different colored beads!
 Just start having fun putting different colored beads together.
It does take some time but when you finish,
 it's worth it!


Hope you all make one for Easter!
A gift of beautiful yellow roses from a friend!
I had time to sketch this week.
Some cupcakes for dessert!
We found a wonderful surprise in our chandelier.
~A Mother Hummingbird~

Hope you all had a good week with surprises and fun!


If you have been featured on
Simple & Sweet Fridays,
feel free to add my button!
Rooted In Thyme

Enjoy the Simple & Sweet Friday linky party!

Rooted In Thyme

22 comments:

  1. You..are super talented..you know that right?
    Oh the patience and dexterity..love things that bring me in ..:)
    Yes..sometimes I go on organizational frenzies..knowing that I do not suffer from OCD..(I feel for those afflicted with anything..I do..)but I like tidy..anyways..organize so much can't remember where a certain thing is..and all my Easter..Valentines..etc..are togther.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jody, I am so jealous, a hummingbird and nest in your chandy!! How lucky are you? I have an antique Victorian dome with a stuffed hummingbird pair and their nest but had never seen one before then.
    Your egg is darling, cupcakes look yummy and sweet sketch greeting! And btw, your back yard looks simply divine!
    Happy Thursday!
    gina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jody & Stan,
    I adore your beaded Easter Egg Ornament, dear friends!
    Years ago, I made a similar one with a Santa on top for Christmas.
    They are a lot of work to make, but gorgeous keepsakes!
    Your header photo of your Golden Lab is too, too cute!
    Thank you for hosting Simple and Sweet Fridays! each week!
    Loved seeing all the "green" inspiration in your featured guests posts!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those eggs are so pretty...I don't think I have ever seen anything like them! Thanks for hosting!

    ~Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore beads and their shiny effect. Thanks for hosting each week. Monika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I sure would like to see more about that hummingbird in your chandelier....can't seem to find a link :( Thanks for the party, though!
    JP

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for the fun party and have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your beautiful Easter egg. Everything you touch is so lovely. Thank you for hosting. Jo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm honored to have my Spring Bouquet featured this week among all the other beauty here! Thank you :)
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your beaded Easter egg is so elegant. I fell in love with the little chicks too!
    Thank you for sharing the fun. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Easter egg is very pretty. And I do love your chandelier, mama bird and all.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your egg is AMAZING. Wow I can see why you have wanted to do it for a while

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it when the hummingbirds nest in your chandy!! So Sweet! THanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jody and Stan,
    Thanks so much for the feature!! I will be giving you a Shout Out on Google + and in my next post!! Thanks too for hosting!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for sharing your beautiful beaded egg. I am very honored to have my pink suitcase as one of your features. Thank you! Hope your weekend is great.

    xo Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your porch and chandelier are so gorgeous and then a hummingbird too!!
    Haven't made it to the party in a while --- this is a great one!
    Thanks for hosting! I'll be back next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love your beaded egg! you will enjoy that every year when you pull it out around this time. well done. i'm glad to see i'm not the only one that saves ideas from years&years ago. i'm sure you felt more than a sense of accomplishment when you stepped back & looked at your finished project. thanks for hosting another fun party. xo- maryjo
    https://masterpiecesofmylife.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. My favorite photo was the hummingbird in the chandelier. What a beautiful pairing! Thanks for hosting this week. Ann Marie @ Iris Abbey www.irisabbey.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous beaded egg and thanks for hosting another fabulous party..

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your beaded egg is amazing ~ just stunning! Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for hosting a great party. I just adore the name of your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...