Friday, July 21, 2017

~DIY Mosaic Stepping Stone Project and More Garden Ideas~

I've always loved mosaic projects.
Collecting vintage plates and saving them to use in our garden.
I just finished some stepping stones.
I wanted to share with you,
 how I made the mosaic stepping stones. 
There are lots of different shapes of stepping stones, 
you can purchase at your local garden store.
Immerse a concrete stone in water to wet thoroughly.
I cut the plates with a mosaic glass cutter and mosaic tile nippers,
 which I bought at Home Depot.
You can also use a hammer but, the cutters make the plate pieces smaller.
Always wear safety glasses.
I used a tile adhesive to affix the pieces and let dry for 24 hours.
Then I grouted with premixed grout.
Using a wet sponge, clean excess grout.
Let dry another 24 to 48 hours.
Here are some photos of the finished stepping stones.
You can find all kinds of pretty plates at flea markets, garage sales,
 estate sales and vintage stores.
Have fun making a mosaic stepping stone
 for your garden!!
Here's some more mosaic ideas for your garden.
A pretty brick!
~Shovels~

~Hand Trowels~

A wreath using dried flowers, air plants and vintage plates.
Collecting is half the fun!
Be creative!!

29 comments:

  1. Those are all just darling ideas, Jody. I made some stepping stones for gifts several years ago but haven't made any in a long time. You did a beautiful job- your patterns are just great! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are ALL beautiful..so talented Miss Jody!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monique, you're so sweet! And speaking of talent, thanks for all your inspiration on your instagram and blog! ♥

      Delete
  3. Very pretty! It is one project I want to try someday. These are great ideas. I love the shovels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Jody, they are beautiful. Thanks so much for the instructions on how to. I love the shoves too.

    Enjoy the hot weekend we are having, hope it's a little cooler in San Diego.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary, I'm glad you liked the mosaic steppingstone. It has been very hot and humid in San Diego. I hope your weather in Orange County is cooler this week ♥Happy Gardening

      Delete
  5. Jody, I love all your wonderful works of art. Very clever ideas also. I would love to make some of these. Blessings to you and yours, xoxo, Susie
    p.s. hope you are enjoying your gardens this summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susie, thanks so much for your sweet comment! Our garden is doing really well this summer. My husband, Stan, is a big help. He loves gardening too, it makes a difference ♥

      Delete
  6. Absolutely beautiful! What an awesome idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are so pretty! I especially like the one with the rose in the center. You are an inspiration for garden ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Karen,thank you so much for stopping by! Great hearing from you! ♥

      Delete
  9. Jody,
    What a great idea. I'm now regretting throwing away a stack Christmas plates that I dropped and broke.

    Judith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Judith, No worries...There's always garage sales and thrift stores! ♥

      Delete
  10. Jody, these stepping stones are beautiful. I can't believe you made these. I love the one with the rose in the middle. Your talent amazes me. And those purple flowers, what a stunning color. I hope you are enjoying these summer days. Is it as hot there in So Cal as it is here in Nor Cal?

    Happy August!

    love, ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sheri, I am enjoying this summer. It has been very hot and humid lately, though. But, we ended up getting solar for our pool, so I'm in it everyday. Our lab, Maggie swims with me. I love it ♥ Happy August to you too!!

      Delete
  11. The mosaics are lovely! They must look wonderful in your beautiful garden. :) Kit

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing. I made some stepping stones years ago but I used tiles and not plates. I love what you did. Thinking I might want to play around with doing this. I have some broken plates I kept for the thoughts of doing this but never have. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow! These are amazing! I've never tried it but this sure makes me want to!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the stepping stones, what a wonderful idea! I can never bear to throw out broken plates.
    Karee

    ReplyDelete
  15. How can you come up with so many creative diy project ideas?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...