Thursday, August 9, 2012

~Simple Appetizers~


I picked fresh grape tomatoes and basil from the garden. Added fresh mozzarella balls and made a small caprese salad. 
Dates stuffed with parmesan slivers and walnuts.
 Fresh mozzarella cheese wrapped in prosciutto served with parmesan crisps. 
 Gorgonzola Bruschetta With Figs.
Toasted the baguette slices with olive oil and baked in the oven until brown.
Added the gorgonzola and fresh figs from the garden.
I just picked some fresh thyme and wanted to use it in a recipe. I remembered I saw a
Parmesan & Thyme Cracker from
 Barefoot Contessa, so I thought I'd try it. 

Ingredients

Directions

In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment,cream the butter for 1 minute. With the mixer on low speed, add the Parmesan, thyme, salt, and pepper and combine. With the mixerstill on low, add the flour and combine until the mixture is in large crumbles, about 1 minute. If the dough is too dry, add 1 teaspoon water.
Dump the dough onto a floured board, press it into a ball, and roll into a 9-inch log. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or for up to 4 days.
Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Cut the log into 3/8-inch-thick rounds with a small, sharp knife and place them on asheet pan lined with parchment paper. Bake for 22 minutes, until very lightly browned. Rotate the pan once during baking. Cool and serve at room temperature.


They were delicious.
Hope you enjoy the recipes!  

5 comments:

  1. Oh my, you had my mouth watering!!!! I love figs, and use them in many ways, but I have not done them like that on the toast yet. Must do!!
    XO Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, everything looks delicious! Grab me some olive oil and balsamic vinegar and I'll go to town on your beautiful caprese salad! :) Those crackers look and sound so good. I just may have to try these. Thank you so much for popping in to see me.
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, everything looks so fresh and delish!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This simple appetizer recipe is really must try. I love all the healthful ingredients.

    - Herman Swan

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look like a wonderful cook, such fabulous recipes!
    Thank you for coming by my blog to say hello and leave a nice comment.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...