Wednesday, September 21, 2016

~Happy 1st Day of Fall and Simple & Sweet Fridays # 238~

Happy 1st day of Fall!!
We're so excited that we got rain on Tuesday too!
The garden definitely needs it.
Decorating the house with lots of foliage from the garden.
I love the light green color from the eucalyptus leaves.
The cinderella pumpkin that we grew in the garden
 looks so pretty with lights on it!
I picked baby boo pumpkins and butternut squash from the garden  to display with the Fall wreath.
I added lights to our buffet with leaves and a wheat bundle.
Putting some refreshments out for a fun weekend.
I wanted to tell you it's my birthday on Friday!!
Our kids will all be home to celebrate my 65th!!
Where did the time go?
I made this wreath with peach and creme roses from Michael's, Love the colors.
I added eucalyptus sprigs and green berries.
I love how it turned out!
I love amaranth flowers for Fall arrangements.
I bought some plants last year but they never came up.
Red apples add a wonderful glow to a wooden bowl.
I put out my velvet pumpkins I made last year.
I thought some bling on them would be a special touch.
My whimsical birds on the candelabra with dried hydrangeas & lights make up a Fall vignette.



I love how simple the photo looks with just some silver eucalyptus.
I had to buy some pumpkin cream cheese muffins at Trader Joe's.
They are very tasty!
I made Pumpkin bread.
I bought the bakeware at Home Goods.
It looks like a magical carriage!
I found this recipe on pinterest and had to try it.

They were delicious!
Here's the recipe;
Hope you like it!
I wanted to stamp and watercolor.
We are harvesting lots of different vegetables and fruits this year.
Here are a few!
Olives from our olive tree.


Eggplant
Zucchini
Tomatoes
Different Lettuce
Radicchio
Our Pomegranate Tree
We'll have lots this winter.
Broccoli
Grape Tomatoes
Of course, our pumpkins are still growing everywhere in the garden.
I wanted to show you we added a pumpkin 
in a pot in our front yard.
I just added the little pumpkins for color 
until the pumpkin grows!

What have you been working on this week?
 I just love all the creative ideas and recipes you've shared.
It's always so inspiring for the holidays!
Thank you again for always stopping by every week with your amazing ideas!!






If you have been featured on
Simple & Sweet Fridays,
feel free to add my button!
Rooted In Thyme

Enjoy the Simple & Sweet Friday linky party!

Rooted In Thyme

25 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, how does one link up after viewing all your beautiful Fall decorating?! Just beautiful! Thank you for hosting this party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wspaniałe dynie zrobiłaś, piękne dekoracje jesienne...a jabłka z szarlotka na pewno wypróbuję przepis. Pozdrawiam Bea:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wspaniałe dynie zrobiłaś, piękne dekoracje jesienne...a jabłka z szarlotka na pewno wypróbuję przepis. Pozdrawiam Bea:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Fall decor is gorgeous! Thanks so much for hosting the party, and I hope that you have a wonderful day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything you touch works:) The pumpkin loaf and apples are perfect..the stamping etc..the garden produce..I have an olive tree in the house..nary an olie:(

    ReplyDelete
  6. What gorgeous fall touches that you have done, you have been busy! Happy 65th birthday, wishing you a beautiful day of celebrating! Thanks so much for hosting and featuring my Tablescape! Blessings, Pam @ Everyday Living

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, Jody, what a wonderful surprise to see you had featured the old roses and pumpkin post! Thank you so much. Your home looks so elegant dressed for fall! The home goods bake-ware find is the neatest. I love the impression it made in the pumpkin bread and so creative. It does look like a pumpkin coach. Thank you again you MADE my day. Have a wonderfully creative week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, Jody, what a wonderful surprise to see you had featured the old roses and pumpkin post! Thank you so much. Your home looks so elegant dressed for fall! The home goods bake-ware find is the neatest. I love the impression it made in the pumpkin bread and so creative. It does look like a pumpkin coach. Thank you again you MADE my day. Have a wonderfully creative week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday! Everything looks so pretty and ready for fall. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jody,
    Thanks so much for the party!! Great features!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jody & Stan,
    Your Autumnal decor is breathtakingly beautiful, dear friends!
    Happy Birthday, Jody!
    May Friday be a day of Celebrating You!
    The food and the Gardens are gorgeous!
    Love the side of the road find at your front porch!
    Thank you for hosting Simple and Sweet Fridays! each week!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the party. I linked! I wanted to invite you to The Fabulous Fall Party this week. Come over and link your great post. I love your decorating!
    Feel free to link the party! It's all Sweet!
    http://mychristmasjourney.blogspot.com/2016/09/fall-party-link-up-4.html
    Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a pretty post, reminding us of the true signs of my favorite season. From you simple tablescape and lovely inside decor to the gorgeous photos of the outside, makes me want to try and find Fall here. Thanks, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Jody, you are always working on so many clever, wonderful ideas. Those green velvet pumpkins are beautiful, I love them! The lights look so pretty dangling from the pumpkin on your table, and your wreath is lovely with the peach roses. Don't ya just love Michaels? I didn't know that Trader Joes had cream cheese muffins, Yummy! I had my first cream cheese muffin the other day at Starbucks. And you have a Pomegranate tree!!! You know, I've put pomegranates in my kids' stockings at Christmas since they were little. Your garden looks wonderful with the eggplants and the zucchinis and the tomatoes. You are a busy bee lately, and it shows by all the creative things you are making.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your garden is awesome! I love how fall has come to your house too! That wreath is beautiful! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for hosting this party!Beautiful fall decoration in your home I love your garden
    Have happy Fall days to come!!!
    Blessing
    Isora
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so much for hosting the party! I love your garden pictures!
    XO! Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jody, happy birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day! I love all your fall touches around the house and outside. Thank you for hosting.

    xo Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  19. omg the pumpkin with the leaves and the twinkle lights is sooooo gorgeous!!! Super setting!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm still not sure if you're for real, gosh! Every one of those pictures of your gardens bounty just makes me sooooo happy!....and that pumpkin on that silver platter!.....is just the sexiest curviest show off I've ever seen! What a lush! :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you so much for featuring my newest wall sconce dripping with crystals.
    I guess I'll have to get my velvet pumpkins out now that everyone is showing them off.
    I am still mourning that spring and summer is over and we are into fall

    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Jody, What a great party. I'm going to try the latticed apples, the are so pretty. Have a great weekend.
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Jody, Thank you so much for hosting. Happy Friday!
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  24. Jody, you are the Queen of the Garden and the Kitchen! Love how that bakeware fancies up the loaf; I am on a hunt now. Happy Fall! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. dreamson34thstreet.com

    First of all . . . Happy Birthday, Jodi! You and I are very close in age! I turn 65 in five months!

    This has to be one of my most favorite posts of yours. Everything . . . by your hand . . . is so exquisite! I am going back to pin so much to my "Autumn Stories" board.

    Happy Fall!
    w/L
    ( For some reason, I can only comment if I sign in with my old blogspot account. )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...