Wednesday, September 7, 2016

~Whimsical Topiaries for the Garden and Simple & Sweet Fridays #236~

I love topiaries in our garden.
Creating something whimsical makes me smile!
I wanted to share with you some photos.
Styling with some succulents!!
A cute hen with her chicks (hen and chick succulents)!
That's the name of the plant!
Filling a wire frame with green moss is all you need to create a topiary!
You can buy the green moss at any nursery.
A tree topiary with little succulents.
A whimsical rabbit topiary!
 I trimmed the boxwoods into the shapes of birds.
 I found this trim at Michael's Craft Store.
I measured different sizes for the bird's crowns.
 I found this foil at Michael's too!
 It was sold in sheets.
I cut a crown with shear cutters and used round head fasteners to hold the crown together.
I think the bird's turned out so cute!
Especially their crowns!
I glued on pearls and added some wire leaves to the crowns.
I used E-6000 glue.

The birds needed a little bling around their necks.

The writing on the pot means, 
Pottery of the Madeleine Anduze.
It was made in Anduze, France. 
I love the color blue of the pot.


A heart topiary with an ivy plant growing.
Happy Gardening this Fall!!






If you have been featured on
Simple & Sweet Fridays,
feel free to add my button!
Rooted In Thyme

Enjoy the Simple & Sweet Friday linky party!

Rooted In Thyme

19 comments:

  1. Good morning Joy and Stan! I'm in love with the sweet little embellishments to your ivies. What a great idea. You've made me look at my end of summer plants in a whole new way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Joy and Stan! I'm in love with the sweet little embellishments to your ivies. What a great idea. You've made me look at my end of summer plants in a whole new way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your topiaries and garden. It's so sweet

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of your topiaries and thank you for featuring my painted pumpkins. Have a great day!
    Jody@Southern Seazons

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jody & Stan,
    What wonderful creative talent you have, dear friends!
    Love the topiary within your Garden!
    Thank you for hosting Simple And Sweet Fridays! each week!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Jody for including my wreath in your features this week, a lovely surprise. Thank you too for showing your Whimsical Topiaries - the birds must be very interested in the sparkle and shine. Always a pleasure to visit and join in.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for hosting this party. I love seeing all your beautiful plants and the topiaries. Cute idea to train the boxwood to be a bird shape.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jody, I love all the topiaries. The birds with crowns are really sweet. Thank you for hosting.

    xo Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love your topiaries! The succulents are so sweet and your birds with the crowns are adorable. I collect crowns so I would love a bird topiary with a crown and some bling....a project to look forward to next year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Jody and Stan!! Happy September! It has been too long. I hope you haven't forgotten me. :-) I'm back and linking up at your beautiful blog. Thank you so much for hosting.

    Theresa @ Shoestring Elegance

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your topiaries are beautiful and I love the succulent filled shoe ;) Thank you for the party!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love topiaries and yours are just so pretty! Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Jody and Stan! A happy September. Love your topiaries, especially the little birds with the crowns. You did a beautiful job!
    Blessings,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  14. I always love your beautiful garden so much. Thanks for giving us a glimpse at all the beauty you guys work so hard on. I hope you all have a lovely weekend, and thanks for hosting.

    xoxo,
    Sarah @ Gypsy Girl Revivals

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really cute topiaries! Always a pleasure to see the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love all of your garden decor - the crown is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your garden cuties! Where did you get the shoe and the bunny one? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE your garden bits as always... my fav' is the hen with her chicks and crown. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...