Thursday, February 21, 2013

~Estate Finds and Simple & Sweet Fridays #51~



I had to share with you some treasures I found at an Estate Sale.
This mirror was on the wall at the home
 and didn't have a price on it. 
I thought it wasn't for sale but I asked anyway and
 the lady said $25.
I said absolutely!

I love the detail on it and for now I put it upstairs in the hall.
I saw this on the wall in a entryway and paid $15.
I love it on my mantel. It has a European look.
I love gardening as you know and saw this lovely vintage fountain sitting all by itself.
No price on it. 
I asked, the lady said $10.
I'll take it!!
Stan did have to change out the pump and recement a piece on it.
The water comes out of the top of the umbrella.  
It's a perfect fit for that spot.
It was my lucky day!

Happy Thursday everyone!
Last weeks Simple & Sweet Favorites!

Go check out The Refeathered Roost's post My Grandparent Gathering!
Melinda has displayed a cloche with wonderful family treasures.  You'll love reading her inspiring stories of her relatives.
Be sure to check out Melinda's blog! 

Go check out The Charm of Home's post Icing the Cake!
Sherry will have you icing a cake like a pro with her technique she uses.  Her heart shaped strawberry is the added touch!
Be sure to check out Sherry's blog!

Go check out Family Home and Life's post Quick and Easy Valentines Decor!
Connie shows how to create a simple and cute Valentine's vase.  You'll love the dots!

Go check out Connie's blog!

Go check out Number Fifty-Three's post Side Table Revamp & Master Bedding!
Angela makes over her master bedroom with lots of great accessories and does a fabulous job on her side table.  Love the stenciled pillows!
Be sure to check out Angela's blog!

Go check out Heaven's Walk's post Lilac Floral Curtains!
Laurie will inspire you with her new Shabby Chic curtains and handmade dream catcher.  You'll want to relax and dream in her beautiful guest room.
Be sure to check out Laurie's's blog! 

Go check out What We Keep's post Mamaw's Embroidery!
Tina shares her precious memories of her grandmother with a treasured embroidery pillowcase.  It's a delightful family story!
Be sure to check out Tina's blog!



If you have been featured on
Simple & Sweet Fridays,
feel free to add my button!
Rooted In Thyme

Happy Simple & Sweet Fridays!
Do you have any posts that you find 
inspiring for other bloggers to read! 
 Just link them up.  It's just that simple.

The Rules:
Please become a follower of Rooted In Thyme & grab my button so everyone can join the fun!
Please link up a post that you think everyone will love!
No direct blog links, etsy links, linky parties, or advertising links.
Please look at 3 links that bloggers have linked up and comment them telling them why you looked that their post

Enjoy the Simple & Sweet Friday linky party!

Rooted In Thyme

27 comments:

  1. Beautiful treasures to find, Jody! So much fun is afoot as we discover the perfect spot, too.
    Hope your day is extraordinary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds Jody! That fountain is amazing!! Thanks so much for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finds! Love the fountain and mirror! My mom would say 'you should have bought a lottery ticket!'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finds, Jody. You came home with some fabulous things for a little money!!

    Thanks for hosting this great party. I look forward to seeing the features every week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in love with your mirror! So pretty and what an amazing deal on the fountain. I love estate sales!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for hosting - love the features!!!
    And your mirror is just gorgeous!
    Have a great wknd
    Hugs,
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  7. That fountain is just gorgeous..what a find, a what a price!!! Thanks for hosting..hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for hosting, I am in love with the mirror you found! We recently moved to New England I'm hoping to score some fantastic finds when garage sale season comes back around :)

    Karen
    When Is Dinner

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jody & Stan,
    What a great haul from the estate sale. I love the fountain! It is so romantic and what a great price! Thank you for the feature! Thank you for hosting and for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jody and Stan,

    You definitely did make out like a bandit at the estate sale!! Congrats!!

    Thanks so much for hostng!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks for featuring my Valentines Vase!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, what fabulous finds. I especially like that fountain garden piece.
    Thank you for hosting each week!
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your treasures, and thank you for hosting! :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  14. So appreciative of the feature...very sweet of you! Thanks also for hosting every week! Your finds are wonderful!
    melinda

    ReplyDelete
  15. My favorite is the darling water fountain. What a treasure! Thank you for hosting and have a wonderful weekend!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fabulously lucky day you had, Jody! Wow! I ADORE that sweet fountain!!! There's nothing better than the sound of trickling water in your garden. :) Thank you so much for including me in your features today, my friend! It's such an honor! ♥

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so much for featuring my bedroom! Have a great weekend.

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW!!!!!

    You really found some amazing treasures! I ADORE that mirror most especially - and cannot even believe you only paid $10 for that exquisite fountain!

    Your features are wonderful - and thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What fabulous finds, I love the mirror. Thank you for hosting. Take care. Chel

    ReplyDelete
  20. A ten dollar fountain? What a steal!
    Thanks for hosting and I so appreciate the feature!
    Enjoy your weekend~
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Jody,
    What a great post. You have filled it with so many amazing features. Your Estate Sale finds are absolutely incredible. You were in the right place at the right time. I can't get over the mirror and it looks fantastic in your home. The piece you found for your mantel is so elegant. I love the little children beneath the fountain. They must look sweet in your garden.
    Thank you for hosting. I'm looking forward to strolling over to several of the blogs you have featured.
    Have a great weekend, my friend.
    Smiles,
    Carolynn xo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, you got some awesome finds!! I try my best to hit a few estate sales every Sat. Already have them lined up for this weekend. :) You just never know what treasures you'll find. Thank you so much for hosting, and have a wonderful weekend.
    xo
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  23. What great bargains, hard to believe you got that fountain for $10.00!!! Don't you just love it when you find a great bargain. Thanks so much for hosting again this week, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a fantastic finds! They enhance the look of your home! Have a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, you really found some wonderful treasures! The mirror is gorgeous, as is that architectural piece. Love the cute fountain, too! Thanks so much for hosting this party -- looks like a fun one!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I loved seeing all your wonderful "finds". Great job. So glad I found your blog and I look forward to following along with you. We have much in common! Empty nesting can really be fun. Blessings to you, Patti@OldThingsNew

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...