Thursday, February 28, 2013

~Oscar Night and Simple & Sweet Fridays #52~

Stan and I were invited to a good friend's Oscar Party.
I thought it would be fun to bring some cupcakes.
A little silver and white edible glitter
 to make the cupcakes sparkle.
Let Us Eat Cake!
It went with the Oscar Theme.
My mother gave this mink to me on my 40th birthday.
She loved watching the Oscars and we would always talk afterwards
 about all the stars and what they were wearing.
Maybe that's why I love the Awards. Watching all the old actors,
 Audrey Hepburn, Gary Cooper, Cary Grant loved them all. 
We had a wonderful night with our friends!


Happy Thursday everyone!
Last weeks Simple & Sweet Favorites!

Go check out Simply Vintageous… by Susan's post Some Things just fall into your lap...!
Suzy did a fabulous job on her dresser Annie Solan would be proud!
Be sure to check out Susan's blog!

Go check out Must Love Junk's post The Mantel Saga Continues!
You'll love Susan's new look for her mantel using some greenery and wonderful treasures!
Be sure to check out Susan's blog!

Go check out The Nest at Finch Rest's post Country Farmhouse Centerpiece!
Michele displays a lovely vignette with the cutest rooster!

Go check out Michele's blog!

Go check out Old Things New's post Frenchy Bed Makeover!
You'll love Patricia's chalk painted furniture.  Her garden is  absolutely gorgeous too!
Be sure to check out Patricia's blog!

Go check out Pennywise's post Ireland in a Jar!
Christina has a wonderful tutorial on making the cutest Irish themed terrarium and other Irish projects.
Be sure to check out Christina's's blog! 



If you have been featured on
Simple & Sweet Fridays,
feel free to add my button!
Rooted In Thyme

Happy Simple & Sweet Fridays!
Do you have any posts that you find 
inspiring for other bloggers to read! 
 Just link them up.  It's just that simple.

The Rules:
Please become a follower of Rooted In Thyme & grab my button so everyone can join the fun!
Please link up a post that you think everyone will love!
No direct blog links, etsy links, linky parties, or advertising links.
Please look at 3 links that bloggers have linked up and comment them telling them why you looked that their post

Enjoy the Simple & Sweet Friday linky party!

Rooted In Thyme

30 comments:

  1. What a fun party! I love watching, but I do miss the old movie stars. Your cupcakes are killing me- I need to bake this weekend.
    Thanks for hosting and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Oscars, although at times it gets so boring...way too long! Anyway, my dad loved watching Oscars and I do remember some of the vintage glamourous actors and actresses and beautiful looking, with all the glitter too! Your cupcakes look so pretty and yummy! I gave sweets up for Lent, so I can just look and don't touch, lol Thank you for hosting this fun partay!!
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for hosting another great one - AND for the feature - so honored to be included here with such great choice to pick from!!!
    Feel like I one a blog oscar LOL
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Hugs,
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the features and your Oscarcakes!! Everything you make always looks so pretty!! Thanks for hosting Miss Minky and have a wonderful weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Oscar cupcakes are too pretty to eat! (well maybe just one!). I enjoy the Oscars and the fashions and the general craziness. I thought Seth did a good job. Happy to be able to bring a dish to your party this week, not fancy though. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. How glamorous, I hope you got the champagne out too!! Take care. Chelx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had a great time! Thanks for letting me join in this week!

    ~Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  8. You two look wonderful all decked out for the Oscars! Thank you for hosting and for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun time and you both looked so "glamorous"! Thanks for hosting and have a great week end! Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jody and Stan,
    Thanks so much for hosting each week!! I just linked up....

    Hugs,
    Den

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jody and Stan,

    You look very glamorous in the mink and looks like you could have walked down the red carpet.
    The cupcakes look delicious and must have been a fun party.
    Aren't some of the old movies wonderful, and the stars like Audrey and Grace.

    Happy weekend
    hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jody and Stan, those are the cutest cupcakes EVER! And what a fun pic of you two!! :)
    Thanks so much for featuring my mantel-I'm honored!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such an attractive couple! Love your mink coat! Thanks for hosting and have a wonderful weekend!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well now, what a pleasant surprise to see my simple centerpiece featured - thank you so much!

    You really made my day!

    I love your features and am definately going to visit them....especially "Ireland in a Jar" what a CUTE idea!

    Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. All you needed was the red carpet...you both looked as scrumptious as the cup cakes.
    Thanks for hosting! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You both look quite lovely and glamorous ( and so do your cupcakes! YUM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you sooooo . . . much for featuring my Frency Bed Makeover. What a honor . . . I'd like to thank . . . Haha! You two looked beautiful all dressed up for your Oscar party. How fun! Blessings to you, Patti@OldThingsNew

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like you had a fun party! Love the great photo of the two of you!! Thank you so much for hosting another wonderful party. Off to check out the amazing features. Happy Friday.
    Hugs
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yay, another fun party this week. Thanks so much for having me - Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Darlin, you and hubby look absolutely stunning for Oscar night! Love the cupcakes too. Really great features. Thanks for hosting.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  21. You both look gorgeous together! I want that Inviting cupcakes too. Thanks for the party!

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh what a fun get together, those cupcakes look fabulous!! just linked up, thanks so much for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great features! I will be linking up with your party!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Jody,
    What a darling couple you two make. You look quite stunning in your mink coat. I'm so glad you had such a great time.
    Thank you for hosting. Your party is always highlight in my week.
    Blessings,
    carolynn xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for hosting! Lovely to see what you've been up to together! J9 x

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a fun post!- You two look so glam! and love the elegant cupcakes!
    Thanks also for featuring me! I'm so delighted!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Jody, Thanks for hosting another great party! We appreciate all the work you do so we can show off every Friday!
    Have a beautiful, blessed weekend.

    Linda and Jeannie at The French Hens Nest

    ReplyDelete
  28. You looked so glamourous in you fur!!! And the cupcakes looked yummy, I like how you frosted them. Thanks for hosting, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Jody and Stan; as always a great story, lovely features and a great group of bloggers joining in. Loved the mink coat couple and the cupcakes. Fun.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  30. Jodi, you and Stan looked so elegant! And I love your cupcakes. I have to make some for Monday, so will find some of that glitter. Thank you for sharing!

    Laura from sundayview.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...