Wednesday, April 22, 2015

~Inspired by Springtime & Simple and Sweet Fridays #164~

~ Lemon Beehive Cake~
I have had Bees on my mind lately.
There's so many in our garden and I wanted to 
decorate and make sweet things with honey for Spring!!
I had fun making a Spring vignette with Bees too!!
I saw this whimsical Nordic Ware Beehive Cake Pan at Williams Sonoma and had to buy it.
I found the delicious
Lemon Cake recipe online at their site too.
I love lemons and honey.
What's not to like about this recipe!
Williams Sonoma also had the cutest 
sweet sugar bees to put on the cake!
I just couldn't decide what cake plate to put it on.
Spring is Here!!
I've collected things over the years with a 
Bee theme.
So I loved putting them all together for the
vignette.
I found this banner paper at Michael's Craft Store.
I didn't even have to cut them out.
I just wrote out Spring with a chalkboard pen.
Easy Peasy!!
Fresh Sunflowers from the Farmer's Market.
I had these cute bee stamps I found at Michael's too!
~An Anthropologie Plate~
~A Bee Skep~
I made a bee candle with tissue paper.
Lemon drop candies in a honey jar fit right into the vignette theme.
 
I found this bee embroidered sheet paper at Papyrus. 
It makes a great runner.
~Bee-autiful~
A new bee stepping stone I found at Home Goods for the garden.
A bee mug from a friend.
Bee Tea Towel and Mini Spatulas
from Williams Sonoma
A little Sage Honeycomb with Brie for dessert.
~Bon Appetit~

If you have been featured on
Simple & Sweet Fridays,
feel free to add my button!
Rooted In Thyme

Enjoy the Simple & Sweet Friday linky party!

Rooted In Thyme

25 comments:

  1. I love your bee theme goodies. That would be so much fun for a luncheon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE, love, love your bees! The cake turned out beautiful, and the little icing bees are the perfect finishing touch. I love bees also and have a number of items collected over the years and would love to find a bee skep.

    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for featuring my post Jody and Stan! Beautiful springtime inspiration! Love it!
    Hugs,
    Vesna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the feature, Jody and Stan! Always look forward to your party!

    Blessings,
    Pam (www.everydayliving.me)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jody ,you won't beeelieve what's in my freezer..the little behive cake..we celebrate both our son-in-laws bdays tomorrow night and I am in charge of dessert and I picked this as one of them:)

    Too uncanny!
    Cute cute cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jody & Stan,
    The "Bee Theme" has been buzzing around in my creative mind as well, dear friends!!!
    All your "Bee themed" accessories are charming!!!
    I, especially, adore the use of the bee embroidered sheet paper from Papyrus as a runner!!!
    Rooted in Thyme is a buzz with inspiration . . .thank you for hosting Sweet and Simple Fridays! each week!!!
    Wishing you a wonderful weekend ahead!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for featuring my coffee table vignette...you made my day! So happy to be joining again this week!

    ~Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm thrilled that you featured my trunk makeover and thank you so much! Your bee cake is so swee-et as are all of your bee accents and accessories that you put together for your setting....it is bee-yond adorable and I just had to pin it! I will be back next week to share the makeover of our iron bed and retreat next week. Have a great weekend!
    JP

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! Love those little bees! Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jody and Stan, thank you so much for featuring my moonlight art, and thank you for hosting! The spring decorations look lovely and so well-coordinated.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jody, you have the prettiest baked goods in blogland! Love all of your bee vignettes too! Thanks for the fun party and for the feature!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your cake pan!! WS has a fall pan I would love to have! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your bees, Jody and Stan! Jody - will you please send me a personal email with your snail mail addy?

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's very exciting to have our Iris Abbey pet bed featured. Thank you. I enjoy visiting your party weekly, and hope you keep up the excellent work. Your bee theme astonished and delighted me. First off, I didn't know that many bee items existed. You have quite a collection. Your sons-in-law are very lucky to have that delicious cake prepared for them. Ann Marie @ Iris Abbey www.irisabbey.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have so many wonderful bee goodies. The cake looks amazing and your vignette is fabulous too. Thank you for hosting and happy weekend wishes xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi! I am so amaze with your bee theme collection. The spatulas were my favorite! I have also wanted to collect things with bees or the word honey on them. I guess I have a few scattered around the house. Maybe I should put them up together like a collection. Thanks so much for sharing. I enjoyed your post!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you so much for hosting! I just returned to blogging today, discovered your party, and I have joined in.

    You have fabulous bee things. I have the stainless from Horchow that has a bee on the handle?
    Have you seen it?
    You will love it.

    Enjoyed visiting,
    Laura

    White Spray Paint
    www.whitespraypaintblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can't stop looking at the bee hive cake! It is so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love all your bee themed decorations--bees have been on my mind lately too! I am going to have to make a trip to Williams Sonoma for the towel and those spatulas. (Great features too.) Nice to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Jody and Stan! Well I'd have to say all your features are quite inspiring! Thank you so much for hosting this party. I know they are not the easiest and quickest thing to do, so I appreciate all your efforts!
    Have a Great weekend!
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  22. I loved this! So so cute, and perfect for a garden party in spring. It was such a pleasure to meet you at LaunchyourCreativity, Jody. I hope to be able to see you again soon. xo Lidy

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love how you set up everything and love that cake!! Thanks for stopping by, love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...