Saturday, June 23, 2018

~Garden to Table Birthday Party & Craft~

I wanted to share photos of a
 ~Garden to Table Birthday Party~
 I hosted for my friend, Mary.
I had the party outside in our garden.
Rooster French Script plates were used from Williams Sonoma.
 I picked flowers and herbs for the tablesetting. 
Our friends Kim and David gave us the old barnwood,
 Stan made a beautiful farm table from it.
Fresh rosemary and cute little ceramic pigs added a nice touch.
I found pretty pillows at Kirklands Home Decor 
for the cottage bench.
Eucalyptus was used for the centerpiece.
I picked fresh flowers and herbs and used vintage mason jars.
I had cabbages inside old teapots and 
an old antique iron and vintage "Rival" Clothes Wringer 
displayed on the buffet.
A chalkboard in the kitchen read,
"Garden to Table"
A cupboard nook had more whimsical things for the Garden theme.
~Chilled Cosmopolitans~
Appetizers
Watermelon, feta cheese and balsamic vinegar topped with fresh mint.
Crostini with brie, apples from the garden & honey drizzled on top,
Gruyere cheese with mustard seed and fig butter and
nuts and olives.
Arugula salad with beets, goat cheese and candied walnuts.
~Butternut Squash & Zucchini Lasagna~
Homemade ricotta cheese,
spinach, mushrooms, mozzarella and parmesan cheeses.
I used the KitchenAid Vegetable Sheet Cutter Attachment. I bought it at Sur La Table. It creates sheets of zucchini and vegetables to make healthy versions of your favorite dishes!
It was delicious!
The Birthday Cake was a
~Lemon Pound Cake with Candied Bees~

Lavender shortbread cookies & chocolate bark with sea salt & almonds.
Vintage rooster cordial glasses were used with Tuaca,
 an Italian brandy.
 For the craft, I collected flowers from the garden, dried & pressed them weeks before the party.
The girls loved being creative making pressed flower designs in glass frames I found at Michaels craft store.  The second craft was decorating flameless LED vanilla scented candles I found at Walmart.
We used Mod Podge and glued the flowers onto the scented candles. They all turned out so pretty.


With the flowers,
 I also made handmade thank you cards for the girls. 
It was a fun 
"Garden to Table Birthday Party"
 for my friend, Mary!
(in the background, Me, Linda, Tami & Mary)
Yuri & Virginia

25 comments:

  1. Jody,
    What a creative, fun way to celebrate a friend's birthday! Your new/old table is gorgeous. I noticed the old wood immediately. Your photos of the table are professional and belong in another magazine feature. The food looks delicious. I could go on and on and on...

    Judith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judith, you are too kind! Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Hi Jody, oh wow what a beautiful and elegant garden to table birthday party!! You did a great job. I love the handmade table you talented husband made!!! The table, flowers, and food and all fabulous. How fun to all be crafting together too. What fun you all had and I know your friends just loved it.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best garden party EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Every single thing is so perfect it made my eyeballs pop out of my head! WOW!!!!!

    Very very very well done, Jody.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michele, thank you so much!! I had lots of fun planning the garden party. It's always fun when you're with your friends!! Love💌

      Delete
  4. I cannot get over how beautiful that table is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post!
    Such a lovely lunch garden party! Love it all.
    Hugs
    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jody this gorgeous and I love every detail. Dishes, table and the food. I would be in heaven at your home.
    Such a fun time had by all I sure.

    🍉🍆🍷🍇💖💖💖

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much, Cindy! Great hearing from you💜💜💜

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely party! The lasagna sounds wonderful. I make the beet salad all the time....as a matter of fact it will be my dinner tonight. Love your table and all the décor.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jody... it was so much fun... everything was perfect! Thank you, love you !
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, it was fun planning a birthday party for my dear friend. Love you lots!💖💖💖

      Delete
  10. Oh my what a beautiful table. Love everything here.
    Hugs from here

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just discovered your blog, and I think I'm going to like it here :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful and fun birthday celebration. Your friend must have felt sooooooo special. The table is stunning. I watched Ina’s program today and she made those cosmo’s, it made me want to make them soon ( i’m Having friends over for cocktails week after next). It looked like you rimmed your glasses, was it sugar? The brandy you served, is it somewhat sweet? I got the impression you served it with dessert? If i’m Remembering right it was an Italian brandy? I love Italian wines. Loved your post, i’m A new follower.��

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jody,

    Just to inform you that I 'loaned' one of your photos and published it with a link in my blogpost. I was searching rose petal potpourri photos via google and found your stunning photo. If that is not ok, I'll remove the photo. Here is the link:
    https://floral-passions.blogspot.com/2018/07/potpourri-out-of-rose-petals.html

    I am very happy for finding your beautiful blog. Started to read right away. Happy July!

    ReplyDelete
  14. so wonderful! loved every detail!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh how fun looking, wish I was there
    That table and food looks fabulous
    I know it was a wonderful day with the gals

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful.
    You did a stunning job with the party, and I'm sure that it was very welcome and appreciated.

    Have a happy day.
    ~K.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! That table is beautiful! I also love the bee cake. xoox Su

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, how I'd love to be a guest at one of your parties!!! That menu sounds amazing, and wow, that table!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...