Wednesday, November 30, 2016

~New Garden Farm Table & Simple & Sweet Fridays #248~



I wanted to share with you photos of a 
new garden farm table we built.
This is the area of the new table.
We were fortunate to get some fir barn wood from our friends, Kim and David.  David brought the wood out west he obtained from a barn in Middletown Township, Delaware County, Pennsylvania.  The beam and barn pieces were quite old with aged square nails in the boards.
We started designing the base and configuration for the tabletop.
We cut the 14 foot beam to make the legs and cross piece and make a rail frame to support the tabletop.
The base was 80 inches long and the tabletop pieces 48 to 54 inches so we used oak dowels to secure the six sections to make the tabletop strong and level.
After joining the base and sections we sanded the tabletop before applying a transparent water sealer.  Here are some shots of the finished farm table.






We will definitely enjoy the new table for the holidays!
Here is some photos of our Thanksgiving feast.
We made fish bouillabaisse and crab cakes.
We also made individual
 beef wellingtons, mashed potatoes and butternut squash.
A wonderful family Thanksgiving!



If you have been featured on
Simple & Sweet Fridays,
feel free to add my buttons that are on the left side of my blog!

Enjoy the Simple & Sweet Friday linky party!


16 comments:

  1. Jody, your table is perfection! of course! I can see it becoming an heirloom. Your dinner looks amazing too. (gosh I cant come to this site and not sound like I'm gushing!) and I still believe one day you will open your house for a select Bed and Breakfast occasion, and I will be able to go and remove one thing from my very short'bucket list'. :D hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jody and Stan, I am in total love with your garden farm table. It is gorgeous and I know you will enjoy it. Thank you for hosting. Have a great week!

    xo Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jody, I have garden table envy...love it!! I know you will enjoy. Thanks for hosting and for the feature!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic table!! Love it!! Thanks so much for hosting!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and Stan have done an amazing job creating a garden farm table! H and I built one last year for the front porch and have really enjoyed it. Thank you so much for including my Christmas mantel in this weeks features...always an honor to be featured at Rooted in Thyme....hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are fabulous! I'm adding my link and going back to the original post to add your link back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that farm table! And having such old wood from a place you know makes it even more special, I'm sure. Your Thanksgiving meal looks so good! Have a great weekend, Jodi!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A one gorgeous table...that table would just about filled my whole back yard! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Jody, thank you for featuring my magazine tree today ! I love your table, seeing it from beginning to beautiful finish. Thank you for Sweet and Simple today.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your table, especially the holes and knots! It adds so much character and it looks fabulous in your gorgeous garden! Thanks for hosting each week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your garden has never looked better! Luv the table! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That table.....oh myyyyyy.....so gorgeous as always!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful. I see a lot of fun meals in your future :-)
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the party! Hope we can join again next week. -Journa from www.lollyjane.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your farm table is awesome! You both did a great job on it! The pine cones and greenery add a special touch. This will be nice for family gatherings around Christmas. I just love your back yard, Jody. There is always something interesting to look at. :)

    love, ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...