Tuesday, May 1, 2012

~My Mom's Meatball Soup and the Surprise Guest~

This weekend we were enjoying our dinner outside when we saw our new guest!
A New Hummingbird...
I was busy inside cooking the dinner.
Had all the ingredients together.
A little of this and a little of that...
Meatballs were made and ready to be placed in the beef broth, escarole, carrots, celery and onion.
Waiting for the soup to simmer...
Then it was ready!
After working in the garden, it was a perfect night to enjoy my Mom's meatball soup recipe.
Looking up, we saw a busy little
 hummer making her nest.
She was in a perfect spot right under our My Secret Garden sign. Look to the right of the third glass grapes hanging from our patio.
She was so busy collecting things 
to put in her nest.
She was so cute getting the nest just right.
It seemed as though she wanted our approval of a job well done.
What a nice surprise guest 
to entertain us for dinner!
Then we noticed on our statuary a dove 
resting on the top.
He blended right in, so
 it seemed like he was part of it. 
Then he turned.
and flew away...
It was a fun enjoyable dinner with all 
the wonderful guests who came.

9 comments:

  1. I've never seen a hummingbird's nest..so sweet.We have a Robin's nest in a yew right at the edge of our front porch..she flies away when I walk out..the nest is nestled in the branches..I took photos of her 3 eggs..I just wish she had not eaten my magnolia blossoms and now soon to pop fat tulip heads:(
    Your sign is cute..and I love that soup..so many variations..

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lucky are you? Loved the dove statue... scrumptious soup, surroundings and bird company too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. how cute are they?! your table and soup look awesome, jody!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The food looks really yummy! Love the garden!

    Mrs. Delightful
    www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Evening Sweetie...
    Boy does dinner ever look yummy. Fit for a Queen and King. I could smell it cooking clear out here in the desert. Am I late? LOL...

    Love watching your little hummer build her nest. Those nests are made to withstand just about anything. (We always have one that builds her nest at work, and I have watched her every year for 5 years now.)Ours usually has 1 or 2 babies and they are so darn tiny.

    She looks so proud on her nest beneath your sign and those glorious grape clusters. How fun dear friend. You are truly blessed for her to trust you and build her nest amongst your home things. I love that most of all.

    Keep an eye on her. I hope you will get really good photos of the babies one day. Have a gorgeous week sweet friend. Many hugs and much love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your dinner looks delicious. What a beautiful sight to be able to watch the hummingbird so busy at work. Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how I love any kind of soup, and this looks like it ROCKS! And, I've never seen a hummingbird sitting on a nest - what a wonderful sight! We do have them here in the desert, but they are always moving at breakneck speed. Happy, happy Wednesday - Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  8. What sweet surprises and a very yummy dinner!!! Need to get that recipe from you, I LOVE soup! I like your secret garden sign too :))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness. I've never seen a hummingbird nest, but I see why they chose your place to start their family! Who wouldn't want to nestle amongst the glass grapes! And your table...oh, to be your guest in such a lovely setting with such a scrumptious looking meal. I'm sure a wonderful evening was had by all.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...