Thursday, July 31, 2014

~Mary's Whimsical Garden Birthday Party and Simple & Sweet Fridays #126~


I hosted a Whimsical Garden Birthday Party for my dear friend, Mary.
I made her a special birthday hat
I had a lot of fun decorating and planning the menu.
The weather here in San Diego was so hot we ended up eating inside.
We're so lucky to have air conditioning.
Yuri made the appetizers:Watermelon Amuse Bouche with balsamic vinegar and mint. 
Nectarine wrapped Prosciutto with Blackberry 
and Heirloom Tomato Caprese with Basil.
Tami made a Rosemary Maple Bourbon Sour Drink.
 So refreshing!
Linda made the dessert.
It was a Lemon Sour Cream recipe soaked in limoncino, simple syrup and layered with a white chocolate mousse and cream with blueberries and raspberries. Outside was coated with a mixture of lemon curd and cream and toasted almonds. Garnished with pink plumerias and hydrangeas.
It not only was beautiful, it was delicious!
I set the table with a lace tablecloth 
with a pink tablecloth underneath.
I just bought some new Royal Albert dishes.
New Country Rose and Polka Rose, 
so pretty together.


I used paper Cake Vintage placemats.
It gave the table setting a Whimsical look.
Vintage cloth napkins to match with antique silverware.

I used my cloches to display the name tags. 
I made little orange pumpkins out of fimo.
I cut out chalkboard paper and wrote names
 with a chalkboard pen.
I collected champagne bottle caps and 
made little champagne chairs for the cloches.
I will share more photos this weekend of the decorations and crafts.

I found these cute dragonflies at Myrtle Creek Nursery in Fallbrook.
~*Have a whimsical weekend!*~


If you have been featured on
Simple & Sweet Fridays,
feel free to add my button!
Rooted In Thyme

Enjoy the Simple & Sweet Friday linky party!

Rooted In Thyme

25 comments:

  1. Beautiful lady and hat, decor, food and table! Who could ask for more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your party looks fantastic! Thanks for hosting!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your party looks like such fun! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a lovely group of gals and everyone looks so happy to be there to celebrate Mary's birthday, helping to put it all together and what an affair to remember, indeed! My goodness, the tasty treats and the cute cloches are so very creative! Thanks for sharing all the fun, Jody and for hosting here, too! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely divine! I love every single photo -- it looks so delicious and those bottlecap chairs are little gems! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Mary's birthday hat! Happy Birthday to Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic party!!! Loved it!!

    Thanks for the party and thanks for sharing!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful friend you are, Jody. You certainly know how to throw a party. Love the photo of the birthday girl. Looks like lots of fun and great memories to make. Hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post and features. Thank you so much for hosting.

    Madonna
    MakeMineLemon

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful birthday party you gave for your friend! I love everything you made. Thanks for the party and have a good weekend.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet party for your friend! I love all the special little touches. Also, I missed your chicken post. How great to get some chickens! We love ours, they are fun to watch and the eggs are great:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun party! You must have had so much fun planning it. The little chairs are darling. :)
    Such a cute post! It would be perfect for Fresh-Cut Friday. I hope you will join in.
    Thank you for hosting!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am speechless over all of the awesome ways you made this party so special! Can I PIN your whole post?? Jody...you are such a great inspirational party planner/person!! Love ya. I'm going back for another peek!!!!

    Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful and thoughtful party. All of your garden details are both whimsical and charming.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your friend is beautiful..How pretty in that hat..she could surely be a model.Where does one buy skin like that?:)Flawless!
    Everything you did..so thoughtful..including the little chairs!
    new dishes are so sweet w/ roses and polka dots..the colors..I love.
    Bravo!
    You are a very lucky bunch of girls..

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello cute lady! Thank you for hosting. I love stopping by your fabulous party. Please come and party with us. We would love to have you! http://loulougirls.blogspot.com
    Happy Friday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for hosting! I love the bottle cap chairs you made. I think I will have to give something like that a try.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You really are the best hostess I know Jody. To be a face to face friend of yours would be a blast. You girls have such fun together it looks like. I love your amazing tablesetting. Everything look beautiful!!!!
    Have a great weekend sweetie!
    hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love all of your party decorations, especially the bottle cap chairs! How adorable!!! Thank you for sharing and hosting, Jody!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Jody & Stan,
    What an amazing way to Celebrate your friends birthday!!!
    I am in awe at all the details of your tablescape!
    Those cloches are adorable!!!
    What a pleasant surprise to see my post featured at Simple & Sweet Friday's!!!
    Here's wishing you an amazing weekend ahead!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  21. How lovely the party decor is. The food sounds lovely and that cake is amazing. You are so clever to make those sweet little chairs out of champagne tops.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you so much for featuring my farm house make over and thanks for hosting! I've added your feature button to my home page! Love the crown!
    Thanks again,
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you to visit and follow me.So sweet of you.Your party looks great with display of beautiful stuff.Hope you had awesome time.Love and hugs sujatha...:):

    ReplyDelete
  24. Party looks fantastic! Thanks for hosting!
    Have a great weekend!
    Hugs,
    Vesna

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...