Thursday, January 28, 2016

~A Winter Terrarium Project and Simple & Sweet Fridays #204~


I wanted to share with you a terrarium project,
 I made with some girlfriends.
I had to come up with a craft for a birthday party for my friend, Yuri.
I love gardening as you all know, so I thought why not a terrarium.
Its a very easy craft! 
I found the globes at a Floral Supply Store.
We used 2 different kinds of moss.
I collected lots of succulents from our garden.
For the project you can use paint brushes, tweezers, old silverware and chopsticks
to place your plants with.
I found the little mushrooms at a craft store.
But,
 you can make your own with fimo clay.
We used paper plates to work on.
 I placed the terrariums on a mason jar lid to be easier to work with. 
They loved the project!

The birthday girl, Yuri,
was the first to finish!
I gave the birthday girl a Godiva treat!
Every girl loves chocolate!
Tami hosted the birthday party at her beautiful home.
Linda made the drinks, Virginia made a delicious mac and cheese.
Tami made appetizers and lunch. Mary made the birthday cake.
It was a wonderful party.
We always have fun celebrating birthdays in our group!

I found the perfect place to hang the terrarium.

 Sunday was our son, Scott's birthday.
I can't believe he turned 31 years old, 
where did the time go?
I made a German Chocolate cake.
Happy Birthday Scott!


If you have been featured on
Simple & Sweet Fridays,
feel free to add my button!
Rooted In Thyme

Enjoy the Simple & Sweet Friday linky party!

Rooted In Thyme

16 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for hosting, and for including my butler's pantry among your wonderful features!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Celebrating with friends, Treasure. Thanks for Simple and Sweet Friday's 204.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jody and Stan,
    What appetizing treats and luncheon at your group's birthday party, dear friends!!!
    I adore the fact that you make something each time you meet!!!
    The Winter terrarium project is a perfect way to "wait" for Spring!!!
    Thank you for hosting Sweet and Simple Fridays! each week!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jody and Stan,
    thanks so much fro hosting each week!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jody, you have the best parties! I linked up this time with a beauty to share. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, thank you for the feature on the bird feeder! Love your terrarium project!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea for a party and what a lovely terrarium, I love the glass bowls. Lovely to join in with your party, thank you for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your mini terrariums are adorable and the cake you made looks scrumptious! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Gorgeous! Thank you for hosting such an amazing party. I would love it if you would stop by our party that goes until Friday @ 7 pm. We pin and tweet everything! Have an fabulous day! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Gorgeous! Thank you for hosting such an amazing party. I would love it if you would stop by our party that goes until Friday @ 7 pm. We pin and tweet everything! Have an fabulous day! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how fun this looks! Your project is completely perfect for a winter's day Jody! The friends, the food, the setting---all is perfect for a friends birthday!
    sending hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your parties always look so fun! Thank you for hosting!

    xo Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your winter terrariums are so cute. I have one air plant kept from my son's wedding, but I think I need a few more.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You host the best parties & I love your terrariums! Thank you for the party!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun party -- making your terrarium. Your ideas are inspiring -- as are those of your guests each week. Thanks for hosting. It's always a delight to stop by. Ann Marie @ Iris Abbey www.irisabbey.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...