Wednesday, July 20, 2016

~New Chalkboard for the Garden & New Roses and Simple & Sweet Fridays #229~

I wanted to share with you a project I just finished.
A Chalkboard for the Garden!
I've gone to many garden tours and loved the idea of having a chalkboard in the garden.
You can list flowers, vegetables or even herbs that you want to grow.
In the clearance section at Home Goods,
 I found a great chalkboard.
It was a Broyhill vintage chalkboard with hooks on the sides.
I loved the design, so I could hang fresh flowers from the garden. 
We have a very large section on the wall near our outside sink
 that needed a special touch to it.
Here is a photo from a distance.
I love the color red, but wanted to match the trim of the windows.
I applied the white outdoor paint lightly,
 so you could see some of the red paint underneath.
Stan helped me hang it.
I was lucky to find the right size chalkboard.
It looks pretty as a focal point from the other side of the garden.
Now I can pick fresh flowers everyday!
A light lunch after the finishing the project.
I picked some swiss chard.
 And made minestrone soup with it.
Almond and chocolate croissants
for dessert.
Great day!
Here are some photos of our new roses in the garden.
~Princess Alexandra of Kent Rose~

~Pat Austin Rose~
~Carding Mill Rose~



If you have been featured on
Simple & Sweet Fridays,
feel free to add my button!
Rooted In Thyme

Enjoy the Simple & Sweet Friday linky party!

Rooted In Thyme

26 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, beautiful gardens and beautiful food. What more could you want? The chalkboard is perfect for lists and notes of welcome. I might steal that idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project! I've been wanting a chaulkboard for our garden too. Love your new roses. David Austin roses are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your roses are breath taking and the Chalkboard turned out fantastic!!
    Thanks so much for hosting each week!
    Have a good Day!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make adorable things Jody..really!
    You put love in everything..family ..home..friends.
    Never chnage:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful food and the roses are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jody and Stan,
    That is one massive, impressive chalkboard, dear friends!
    Love how you can add florals to the sides as you keep Garden messages in plain sight!
    I adore roses! My Gingersnap rose is very similar to your Carding Mill Rose!
    Thank you for hosting Simple and Sweet Fridays! each week!
    Also, for the amazing featured guests posts filled with inspiring ideas!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. The power of paint is amazing!! Thank you so much for featuring my picnic post. Have a lovely weekend!

    ~Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for the fun party and for the feature of my fish packets!! Yay you just made my day. I love your pretty chalkboard hanging outside. It is so nice to have helpful husbands like yours. Wishing you a wonderful weekend.
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful garden and roses. What time should I show for lunch? Thanks for hosting.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the party and for featuring my craft studio update! Love your new chalkboard and all of those gorgeous roses!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a terrific idea for the chalkboard. I'm swooning over the food and flowers here. Thanks for hosting. Honored to be one of the features this week. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many great links. That you for hosting. xx Jo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jody you always have such lovely pictures, and your garden is to die for. Thanks for sharing with us, and hosting such a great party. Have a lovely weekend.

    xoxo,
    Sarah @ Gypsy Girl Revivals

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jody, the chalkboard is delightful for the garden area. It's nice to write tid bits throughout the day. Oh, your pink roses are gorgeous. I can't stop looking at them. :) They really look sturdy and are doing well in the summer. The minestrone soup looks delicious. My dad used to grow chard in his garden, and my mom would often cook meals with it. And those almond chocolate croissants look amazing. A wonderful post today, Jody.

    love, ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your garden is absolutely wonderful! I so enjoyed seeing the chalkboard you created, your beautiful roses and delicious recipes! Thank you for sharing. Have a blessed, peaceful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your chalkboard looks great! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love the chalkboard in the garden! it's perfect for that space. thanks for hosting every week. xo- maryjo
    https://masterpiecesofmylife.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the idea of an outdoor chalkboard! And I love your makeover on it. It looks great on the house where you hung it. Your whole garden is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Jody, I love your outside chalkboard! It is great. Thank you for hosting.

    xo Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely breathtaking photos!! The chalkboard is wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. The chalkboard with the hanging pots is adorable! What a clever idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great idea with the chalkboard in your garden. I love it.
    Hugs from here

    ReplyDelete
  23. Jody,
    that was the perfect place for your chalkboard, really added to the space and is quite adorable! Your garden is amazing, sadly,I am missing a green thumb!
    Seeing all that wonderful food has made me quite hungry, think I'll stop for now and go grab lunch!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...