Wednesday, July 27, 2016

~Our daughter, Katie's Birthday and Simple & Sweet Fridays #230~


Our daughter, Katie's birthday was July 22nd.
She just turned 29, I can't believe how fast time flies.
She and her boyfriend, Harry came to visit from Portland, Oregon.
We celebrated dinner out and 
I made a chocolate cake for dessert.
I found this
 Nordic Ware Vintage Bundt Cake Pan 
at Williams Sonoma.
The cake always turns out so pretty!
Katie and Harry

The next day 
we took our boat out on Mission Bay with the family.
 The weather has been in the 90's in San Diego.
Perfect weather for swimming in the Bay.
Carly and Katie
My husband, Stan, 
acting like a kid!!
Stan, our daughter, Carly, me, Katie, our son, Scott
It was so nice having the family together to celebrate 
Katie's birthday!
Stan, Maggie (our lab), Kaylee (Scott's girlfriend), Scott, me, Harry (Katie's boyfriend), Katie and Carly.

The next day was so hot,
we all went swimming in our pool.
It was a wonderful weekend with the family.

Hope you're all having a great summer
 with family and friends too!!





If you have been featured on
Simple & Sweet Fridays,
feel free to add my button!
Rooted In Thyme

Enjoy the Simple & Sweet Friday linky party!

Rooted In Thyme

18 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing a wonderful family time together Jody and Stan and thank you too for Sweet and Simple 230.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jody and Stan,
    Thanks once again for the honor of being featured here!! I will give you a Shout Out on Google + and in my next post!! Thanks too for hosting each week!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. That shot of Stan:) So cute in mid air.
    Lovely family!
    I can't believe one of mine will be 41 in August.I'm 42!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics of your family fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jody & Stan,
    What a surprise ( and an honor) to be a featured guest, dear friends!
    Thank you from the bottom of my heart!
    Katie appears to have enjoyed her birthday in California Fashion!
    Happy Birthday, Katie!
    Thank you for hosting Simple And Sweet Fridays! each week!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS...
    I have that same clock.For years.
    And my stamps came and I am impressed:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, your photos make me miss living in San Diego SO much! You have such a lovely family, and I love seeing you all enjoying paradise. Thank you for featuring my farmhouse fake greens, especially since you have the very greenest thumb of all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love seeing your family time. That cake is my kind of cake. I have always loved plain chocolate cake. Tons of smiles on the water. Thanks for hosting.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Always a joy to have the family together, you definitely had great fun together in and around the water. That chocolate cake looks beautiful and surely will have been delicious too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The water, in the bay and your pool looks so inviting! Thanks for the great party and features!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jody, what a fun time with your family! It looks like you made a lot of memories. Thank you for hosting!

    xo Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a wonderful birthday party! Thank you for hosting. :) Jo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jody

    Family time and memories are wonderful and it looks like the family enjoyed every moment. Love your blog and party each week and thank you for feature of my shabby pallet potting bench.

    Debby
    Debbygoesshabby.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jody, family is so precious. It looks like you all had a ball! Thanks for hosting. Love, Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a nice family life you have
    What a treat to swim in the bay then your own pool

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for the feature and for sharing your family with all of us. I hope you have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. A very Happy Birthday go you and your girl. Looks like a wonderful time was had. :) Kit

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...