Wednesday, August 3, 2016

~Vintage Garden Bicycle & Dahlias and Simple & Sweet Fridays #231~

I wanted to share with you how a little paint can make a difference.
This is what the antique bicycle looked like before I painted it in our garden.
Rusty and needing a new look.
After painting it with some leftover blue paint,
 I placed an old antique crate box on top.
I added some fresh picked iceberg roses from our garden.
I wanted the emblem to show,
so I didn't paint it.
 The bike has a basket in front,
 so I decided to place blue mason jars filled with roses in them.
The new painted vintage bicycle looks
 great against the white picket fence.
Our dahlias are starting to bloom now.
Here are some photos I took yesterday.





A pretty surprise.
It's in the Thalictrum Aquilegilfolium family.
Love the puff flowers!
Our new Distant Drum Rose (Floribunda) is blooming too!
It's a beautiful rose!
I have collected so many stamps over the years and decided to paint with my watercolors. A simple art project!

Hope you all had a good week!

I love seeing all your inspirational ideas every week.
Thank you so much for sharing!!




If you have been featured on
Simple & Sweet Fridays,
feel free to add my button!
Rooted In Thyme

Enjoy the Simple & Sweet Friday linky party!

Rooted In Thyme

17 comments:

  1. I love what you did with the bike. I wished I could have one for my garden, but we bike thieves in our neighborhood. HA! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for hosting! Have a great weekend!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for featuring my little jewelry frame and for hosting every week. I hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a bike and last year it fell apart after 16 yrs of our weather..I am on the lookout but not searching heartily..I think I am finally getting older Jody and having less to do:) I can watch you:) Love the color..the dahlias..and the painted stamping:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jody and Stan,
    Your cutting flower Gardens are gorgeous, dear friends!
    I have a friend who has the Lady's bust and I'll recommend your blog
    so that she can see how beautiful the Thalictrum Aquilegilfolium family blossoms are!
    The blue bicycle reminds me of my Sister's from our childhood!
    Thank you for hosting Simple & Sweet Fridays! each week!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the bike and the new color! those dahlias are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your bicycle is so charming leaning on your picket fence. And your dahlias are so pretty. I forgot to put my dahlias bulbs out this year.
    makes me want to go out and work in the flower beds even though its so hot and humid

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE the bike after your makeover. It looks so pretty.
    Hugs from here

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your flowers look great, always such a treat to see them in full bloom. You create such beautiful garden art - your painted Western Flyer settles so well against the fence . Thank you Jody for Sweet and Simple today and thank you too for featured my wooden Thunderbird. Have a wonderful week.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jody, I want to come and take that crate on your beautiful bicycle. Adore yo ur Dahlia.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jody, I love how you painted the vintage bike, the color is perfect. Thanks for sharing such lovely photos of your garden, flowers and artwork. I love the little picture you've painted with watercolors. Thanks for hosting the party! Have a great weekend.

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  12. The bikes, the flowers, the stamp art ~ all simple pleasures.
    Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your bike looks fantastic! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jody,
    Swooning over your beautiful bike. It is so fabulous. It is amazing what a little paint can do.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jody, I liked the bike before but you have taken it to a new level! I love the paint on it. It looks wonderful against your fence with the flowers. Thank you for hosting.

    xo Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much for hosting and for the lovely feature!
    Your bicycle is incredible. Love how you revived it.
    Hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...