Thursday, March 9, 2017

~Roses & Champagne Birthday Party~

I hosted a birthday party for my girlfriend, Yuri.
The theme was
 Roses & Champagne!
I decorated with pretty roses everywhere!
The centerpiece roses were real.
I had fun making the pink tissue & crepe paper ones.
If you go online there's lots of patterns to make them!
The purple roses are from a kit from Martha Stewart! 



The centerpiece was fresh roses.
The wine and water glasses are from Anthropologie.
The dishes are Royal Albert, New Country Roses and 
Royal Albert, Polka Rose.
I had little champagne bottles with their name tags on them.



When the girls arrived, 
I served gin & tonic drinks with
 pretty straws & rosemary sprigs!
I found rose paper plates and napkins for the appetizers.
I chopped up some pistachios.
I made Dates with Orange, Pistachios and Goat Cheese
 for an appetizer.
The recipe is from the cookbook,
The Forest Feast by Erin Gleeson.
I made small caprese salads on a salt block.
I served cooked shrimp on a bigger salt block with lemon & dill.
I made Crostini with brie, walnuts and drizzled honey.
For lunch
 I made Ina Garten's
Zucchini Basil Soup from her cookbook,
Make It Ahead.
Served with Sugar Crusted Irish Soda Bread.
The entree was a 
Chicken Salad
 topped with candied walnuts & edible flowers.
For dessert, 
I made sugar cookies with rose edible wafer papers from 
Pink Chocolate Bark with Sugar Candies.
I used pink chocolate to write out the words,
Rose & Champagne
 to place onto the champagne glasses.
Mary made pretty Champagne jello shots.
She also made the birthday cake.
It was a work of art and delicious too!
Check out Mary's blog:
The birthday girl,
Yuri
Virginia, Mary, Tami, Linda and Yuri
Mary, Tami, Linda, Yuri and Me
We also made mosaic hand trowels for the craft!
Lots of fun finding vintage plates for the project!
We all had a wonderful time!
It's always fun celebrating birthdays in our group!
Happy Birthday Yuri!

17 comments:

  1. I would say this is over the top, Jody, but it involves so much of your own time and talent...let's just call it incredibly creative on your part! Wow...can't say enough about everything! The table is gorgeous, the entree delicious as well as that soup...I have to look it up, and the cake is beautiful. Your friends are so lucky! Happy Birthday to Yuri!

    Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Dearest Jody,
    in such occasions you give your best of your creativity and the result is always such an artistic masterpiece ... the decorations of your dining room, the dishes you've prepared, the little details surrounding you everywhere, oh, I'm so sure that your sweet Yuri has treasured it all !
    So very grateful to you for having shared it all with us,
    I'm sending hugs and ever much love to you,
    may your weekend to come be as beautiful as you, sweet friend !

    With utmost gratitude

    XOXO Daniela at - My little old world - (Dany)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Jody, you really make your friends feel special. What a lovely party in your gorgeous home. It's so nice to see fresh flowers everywhere. How special your group of friends are to each other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my oh my!!! What a lovely party....your friends must feel very special indeed. Everything was just exquisite -- from the roses, to the pink chocolate wording, to the food and table setting -- The theme is so fun as well!! Beautifully done, Jody! :)
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh! So springy and beautiful. Your girlfriends are so lucky to have a friend who will treat them like queens.

    Please tell us how to make the trowels.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful way to celebrate a friends birthday! Everything looks so pretty! I'm sure she and your friends appreciated it all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it....all of it. The table ,the decorating, the food, and all your clever ideas. Your entrance is so pretty. Blessings to all, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are a great group of friends:) You are wearing a very "in" top!:)
    I also love your friend's stole:)

    Super duper everything..every day I spot a new talent.

    ReplyDelete
  9. PS I had never seen the Barefoot Pink Champagne♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful birthday party for your friend. Love your ideas, especially the mantel.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely birthday party for your friend, Yuri. She's a very lucky lady to have you as a friend; I'm sure you feel the same way about her. You did a beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Jody, what a wonderful Birthday Party. You are truly a great friend. Looks like all of you young ladies had a wonderful time. Decorations were over the top. Food looks so good. So glad that everyone had a terrific time.

    Love the little shovels...

    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness. I loved it. My daughters birthday is the end of the month. I only hope I could/can do something this beautiful! What a lovely party!
    I would love for you come over and link at the Fabulous Spring/Easter party!
    http://ourholidayjourney.blogspot.com/2017/03/fabulous-springeaster-link-party-2.html
    Come over and share the love.
    Happy Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow that looks amazing. Everyone will want to come to your parties - I want to!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Jody, it's so lovely! How I would love to attend an event like that -- but I sort of feel as though I have! Every detail is perfect from the real roses to the faux tissue ones. Lovely! And the food looks to die for! You really know how to throw a party! (Love the banner!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh how wonderful! You did a great job. Yuri is very lucky. :) Kit

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...