Monday, July 30, 2012

~Sabrina the Scarecrow~

I wanted to make a lady scarecrow 
for the pumpkin patch in our garden.
I was going with the rustic farmer girl look. 
I used a topiary for her head.
I measured a round circle and cut the burlap.
My husband Stan cut a cross out of wood stakes and made the shape of her.
I went to thrift stores and found old clothes.
I stuffed her with a little straw.
I used a grapevine wreath for her head and some green crystal beads to put around it.
I found the perfect sunflower apron and a necklace to go with it.
We used spanish moss for her hair.
I used black marker for her eyes and nose.
Real lipstick for her lips.
She's the perfect Scarecrow.

4 comments:

  1. She is lovely... not a scary scarecrow though! Love her apron & necklace -- perfect attire for the garden. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her.. she looks fantastic! I've been wanting to make one for soo long but never thought of making a girl! Hopefully I'll get round to it soon now that you've inspired me! take care, Maryann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww so cute! I'm so glad I wasn't a blogger when I made my one and only scarecrow. I couldn't get the head to stay on! lol It kept blowing off in the wind and I tried duct taping it and everything but nothing worked. Maybe he was laughing his head off at ME!!! lol

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's fabulous! I love that she's accessorized. Great idea to use a topiary for the head. She'd look great in my garden. I may have to try to make one now. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...