Thursday, May 8, 2014

~Rooted in Thyme Gardens and Simple & Sweet Fridays #114~

I just wanted to share with you photos of our garden.
It is always evolving every season.
Since having a feature in the June Issue of Romantic Homes,
I realized how many different garden areas we have.
This area is the first flower garden we started next to the house.
Stan built the raised beds and we just added another panel of wood to make them larger,
which I will share with you in the up coming month.
Our Jasmine and Hydrangeas have taken 
over this side of our house.
It always smells so good.
The miniature garden is always having 
new flowers and special things added to it.
Last year we did a Kitchen garden with a pattern.
A view from the house.
Westeria growing on a copper arch on our hill.
  Stan designed and made it.
Our roses in full bloom in front of our house.
A new area with a picket fence 
will show soon pumpkins and flowers.
The side of our house has a garden shed 
which we keep all our tools in.
Next to it is a giant Pom Pom Hydrangea, Weeping Mulberry, Crepe Myrtle, Bougainvillea, Grapes and a Tabebuia tree.
Another view of the trail up to the hill.
Scott, our son, and Stan built the hand rails.
We are really using them now.
A view of the deck up on the hill.
We can see downtown San Diego.
Stan designed our patio cover.
We planted Westeria, Grapes and Roses on it.
We are now getting some shade from them.
We love all our chandeliers outside.
Bringing indoors to our garden makes it feel
 like another extension of inside of the house.
~Stan's Orchid Section~
He built the fountain.
A view from the hill.
Our dog, Maggie, on one of the trails on the hill.
Stepping Stones to our House.
At night it's very magical with all the lights on.
Hope you enjoyed the Garden Tour!

We would like to thank each and everyone of you that stopped 
by with your wonderful comments about us being featured in the
 Romantics Homes Magazine.
We just want you to know it meant a lot to us.
Thank you so much!!
We have so many new friends in Blogland and appreciate all of you that have been with us from the very beginning.
You're the best!!
Hope we've inspired you to plant something new in your gardens!!





Last weeks features:










If you have been featured on
Simple & Sweet Fridays,
feel free to add my button!
Rooted In Thyme

Enjoy the Simple & Sweet Friday linky party!

Rooted In Thyme

34 comments:

  1. Your gardens have always been fairy-tale like : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful garden you have! I always like to see the total layout of other gardens to see how people use their yard and divide it up. Thanks for the tour and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honestly, you live in paradise. What a beautiful spot you have created. You are an inspiration to all gardeners, for sure. I love that your gardens light up at night. Thanks for sharing your beautiful space. I am now off to visit some of the blogs you featured. Thanks, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jody and Stan,
    Your garden is just spectacular!! Truly a work of art and I LOVE it at night!!

    Thanks so much for the party!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your garden!! Who my goodness! I can't believe all the hours of work. It almost makes me wish I'd moved to San Diego when I had the chance. Almost. ;) And to think you get to enjoy it at night too. Over the top!!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous garden--I went and bought the magazine to see you in it! Thanks for featuring my green Italian chair. SD is a great place to live-some of our best friends live there and we visit them often.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your garden is the most beautiful one I have ever seen......I absolutely love it! Thank you so much for giving us a tour....hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your garden is AMAZING! Thanks for the feature of my lilacs!

    ~Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning gardens! I love seeing it ALL, and I started pinning ideas before the page even finished loading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely visit. Years of work and so many areas that work so well together. A garden to dream about.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your garden is so gorgeous!!! I love everything! So whimsical. The San Diego area has the most perfect weather. I so miss it. And thank you so much for featuring my sleeping porch's papel picado. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jody and Stan, wow a big congrats on being featured in the magazine! How exciting for the both of you! I love your backyard and the eating area and pool. It must be so nice back there and I bet your can't wait to get some nice veggies. I loved San Diego when went with my husband many years ago! All the best and Happy Mother's Day too.
    Julie at Julie's Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  13. OK..... these are my favorite Gardens by far.
    Now for the big news....I am starting a Bucket List and first on that list is a paid for, first class trip to Jody and Stans for a week, to get private tours of EVERYTHING and to eat those wonderful dishes you prepare......just so you know! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Holy smokes your gardens are incredible - you should be in EVERY garden magazine, too Jody and Stan - WOW!!!!!

    I am stunned and so incredibly impressed by all your hard work to create these wonderful spaces. Well done. BRavo!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jody--what a labor of love! Every corner of your beautiful yard has a life of its own and overflows with an energy that is just magical! Thank you for featuring my topiary and for hosting--hugs, aimee

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your gardens are just beautiful! What a lovely place to be! I'm sure you enjoy all of that beauty. Love your pergola - but, then, I love everything about your home. Thanks for sharing.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jody that is a spectacular view of your garden. I never realized it went all the way up a hill. It is so magical! Congrats on the feature in Romantic Homes! Thanks for hosting!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jody,
    What a glorious garden! I would love to have all the plants you have, especially the hydrangeas. Congratulations again on being featured in Romantic Homes.

    Thank you for featuring my French Garden Shed Elements. I am so honored to be featured by someone whose gardens are so spectacular.

    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  19. Jody, your gardens are gorgeous! Congrats on the well deserved feature. My subscription ran out. Must run out and buy it! Everything is so large and beautiful. Things are just starting to bloom in our garden. Really great features too!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my gosh! You two are utterly amazing, Jody!! Your garden is a like a fairytale land! Soooo beautiful! I love all of the various living spaces you've created throughout the property. You both must have put an incredible amount of work into it all! Congrats on the RH feature, too! I'm going to have to pick up a copy!!!! :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love love love this tour! I always enjoy seeing snippets from your garden, but this was a treat to see the entire expanse! Just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW!! What a beautiful garden. I wish my backyard looked like that...

    -Priyam @ http://priyam-simplejoys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a beautiful, beautiful garden you have!! And the patio: I just LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your yard and hillside are just all so fantastic. The little trails and secret garden areas along with all of the beautiful bushes and accents are just so wonderful!!! Thank you for hosting I am always happy to link up . Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Jody and Stan,

    Congratulations on the garden feature!! Since being on vacation, I haven't had the chance to be online as much and missed this amazing news! Will have to track back and read all about it! Your gardens are absolutely magical and full of whimsy! Thank so much for hosting and have a lovely weekend!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh My Gosh Jody, your garden is absolutely stunning, pin pin pin I must to my garden board! I love all the vintage touches be still my heart. And I have Wisteria Envy, I so wish it would grow here in South Florida. Thanks for the wonderful inspirations and hosting such a fab party! Stumbling you too!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh my god, Jody, your garden is fantastic. I love all the different spaces. GORGEOUS, GORGEOUS.

    Hugs from here

    ReplyDelete
  28. How lovely all of your garden areas are, especially at night with the lights.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful garden. Have a great Mother's Day. Thank you so much for hosting.
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow, you always take such beautiful photographs, and what a beautiful garden! Hope you're having a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love your gardens. They are magical. Thank you for featuring my papel picado garland. Su

    ReplyDelete
  32. OMG! I love your beautiful garden, sure attention to detail and a treat everywhere the eye falls.
    Gorgeous!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...