Sunday, September 21, 2014

~Fall is in the Air~

We have been blessed with cooler weather 
in San Diego this weekend.
The heat has been unbearable with the humidity very high.
We have had our air conditioner on, 
it seems like all summer.
The garden was so pleasant to be wandering and 
checking out my plants this morning.
This time of year, we pull out the summer vegetables 
and plan our fall garden. 

To sit and plan where we would want new bulbs to go.

I wanted to share with you what I read
 about how to control flies near your chicken coop.
 Cut different herbs in bunches and hang them 
with jute near their coop.

Rosemary, Thyme, Basil, Sage and Dill.
They not only look pretty,
they smell good too!
I also read to place edible flowers near the chicken boxes.
Doria seemed to like the idea!
She laid an egg!!
Doria and Lucy are always surprising us in a new spot.
I displayed some flowers from the garden in their eggs. 
Lots of different colors.
Egg shells make a wonderful little vase.
Another surprise in the garden today!!





8 comments:

  1. Jody & Stan,
    Thank you for a lovely view of your Gardens today, dear friends!!!
    I adore the use of Doria & Lucy's eggs!
    Charming egg shell linning the egg carton filled with florals!
    We, too, will soon be sketching a new front porch and flower bed for this side of the Prairie!!!
    Spring will be filled with new looks for our 1970 Ranch Style Home!!!
    Enjoy these last days of Summer into Fall!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so cute. :)

    People sure do seem to enjoy chickens and their little personalities. I bet they are fun. Love how you displayed the little flowers in the egg shells. Do the girls eat any of the flowers? My dog has been eating flowers all summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love seeing the egg shells used as vases. Might have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi I visited your blog for the first time today mainly because I saw you are from San Diego. I am from El Cajon.thank you for a glimpse of your beautiful garden and delightful chickens. Hasn't the heat been brutal the last two weeks glad it is finally cooling down. Take a quick look at my blog www.cakeplatesandothertreasures.com I'mSusie would love to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love coming here....it's such a beautiful place and I can imagine myself in San Diego! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful post Jody. I can't believe much more fall color you have in your garden then in mine. It looks so lovely there. I love your darling egg vases and the pretty little hens who crafted them :))))
    sending hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jody,

    I cannot stop ))))))smiling))))) at those adorable egg vases filled with the dainty little petals! Thank you for this most sweet, pastoral scene this morning. It must be so wonderfully inspiring to sit in your beautiful garden and plan your next bundles of blooms!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  8. What beautiful photos. And those must be the happiest, most well cared for chickens I have ever seen! How wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...