Tuesday, August 18, 2015

~Japanese Garden in Portland, Oregon~

Our family just got back from a fantastic vacation in
Portland, Oregon.
We visited our daughter, Katie and her boyfriend, Harry.
They just moved to Portland and we had to book a flight to go see where they are living now.
We had a wonderful time, 
seeing all the sites we could see in 3 days.
Not enough time, to see such a beautiful city.
One of the places we saw was the Portland Japanese Garden.
It is a traditional Japanese garden occupying 5.5 acres,
 located within Washington Park in the West Hills of 
 Portland, Oregon.
I wanted to share with you some of the photos I took
while sightseeing this gorgeous Japanese Garden.
















Harry took a photo of our family for us.
We had such a wonderful day.
We stayed at the Portland Marriott Downtown Waterfront.
Overlooking the Williamette River, it is within 0.5 miles of both Portland State University and the Oregon Historical Society.
We could see the beautiful view of Mount Hood also!

It was great seeing Katie and Harry too!!
Looking forward to another trip.
I'll be sharing this week more photos of
Portland Farmers Market, 
Multnomah & Latourell Falls and
the spectular International Rose Test Garden.





6 comments:

  1. Beautiful garden! I've never been to Portland, so I'm looking forward to the photos you post next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful! Thank you for sharing. There is a lovely Japanese garden at the Chicago Botanic Gardens that we love to visit.If you are ever in that area I would seriously recommend it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty and serene! I've always wanted to visit the Japanese garden there. Lovely family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The photos are just lovely I enjoyed them all. I been to Oregon only when I was very young.. Have a great week with love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such a lovely family, and what a beautiful calming place to visit. I love Japanese gardens and the tranquility that they bring xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stan and Jody, What a beautiful and peaceful place to spend time. Thank you for sharing the photos!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...