Wednesday, May 4, 2016

~Potpourri Gifts and Simple & Sweet Fridays #218~

I love making special Mother's Day gifts for girlfriends.
This year, I decided to make
homemade potpourri gift bags!
Our garden has lots of beautiful
 flowers to dry.
I love the book from Barbara Milo Ohrbach,
"The Scented Room".
One of my favorite books that goes back to 1986.
She writes about the art of how to dry flowers.
I've always loved how she collected her favorite flowers from her garden to make the prettiest potpourri.
Here are some dried flowers from our garden.
Larkspur
Roses
Hydrangeas
Statice
More Roses
I always have some dried flowers saved from our garden, 
for that special handmade gift.
Flowers:
lavender, misty blue limonium, waxflower, bachelor's button, larkspur, salvia, feverfew
You can add drops of any one floral essential oil you prefer,
such as rose geranium, jasmine, lily of the valley, honeysuckle or tea rose. 
Whatever is your favorite scent.
I added tea rose.
General Instructions: After Potpourri is made and dried, add 6 drops of your favorite essential oil to every cup of dried potpourri mix. Keep it in a closed container for a few weeks to allow scent to penetrate plant material. Stir the mixture daily.
I hand stamped some gift tags.
A Mother's Day Gift for special friends!
Wishing you all a very
 Happy Mother's Day too!!


If you have been featured on
Simple & Sweet Fridays,
feel free to add my button!
Rooted In Thyme

Enjoy the Simple & Sweet Friday linky party!

Rooted In Thyme

18 comments:

  1. Thank you Jody for featuring my post...its always a pleasure to share with you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your flowers are gorgeous. The potpourri is beautiful and your friends are so lucky to receive some of it. Thank you for hosting.

    xo Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jody, your post is heaven scent.. Truly! I love your dried flowers, especially the roses.. This would be a gift anyone would enjoy, that is for sure..

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a delightful gift to make for friends; your flowers are very beautiful. I love the creative country mum pic too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So excited to have my recipe featured on your beautiful blog. It is always a source of great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jody & Stan,
    You have the most amazing flora within your Gardens, dear friends!
    I can, almost, smell that wonderful potpourri mix!
    Thank you for hosting Simple & Sweet Fridays! each week!
    Here's wishing you a Happy Mother's Day, too!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jody, I just adore dried flowers but do not do it much. Lovely book, dried flowers were quite the rage back in the 80's, as were all wonderful things Victorian. I wonder what happened to the romantic fad, I'm still stuck there and will be for always! :)
    Your photos staging is totally gorgeous, thanks so much for sharing and have a wonderful Mother's Day and thanks so much for the party Jody!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to make potpourri, but now I want to make it again! Thanks for the inspiration. (I go over your old post for inspiration all the time- and to look at your gardens.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the feature, I always enjoy sharing with you. Lovely potpourri, I am doing this now with my roses, rose petals all over the counters. Beautiful photos always……….

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved seeing and reading about how to make potpourri gifts. Beautiful. Soothing. Thank you Jody for Sweet and Simple Friday 218. Have a lovely weekend.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Jody for hosting. Today I am sharing with you my new birthday party done for my little fairy. Hugs. Monika

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for the party, Jody! Have a fabulous week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your dried flowers are gorgeous. I'd love to know how you dry them. Anything besides hanging them upside down until dry? Thanks for the party!

    ReplyDelete
  14. An especially sweet gift because it came from your yard. Beautiful!
    Thank you for hosting,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful friend you are to create such lovely dried-flower gifts. Thanks for hosting this inspiring party each week. Ann Marie @ Iris Abbey www.irisabbey.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are just so crazy talented, I adore all your crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so much for featuring my hutch. I love all of your flower bouquets and crafts! So pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...