Wednesday, May 11, 2016

~Mom's on the Run for Breast Cancer and Simple & Sweet Fridays #219~

(Me, Bernadette and Charmaine)
my sisters
I wanted to share with you what I did on Mother's Day!
I walked in the 
16th Annual Mom's on the Run for Breast Cancer in Reno, Nevada!
Stan surprised me and we flew from
San Diego to Reno to participate.
The view from the plane of the beautiful Sierra Nevada Mountains
covered in snow was breathtaking!
My sisters have been involved in this event for years,
and I've always wanted to walk in it.
The race is a 5k Walk and a 5k/10k Run.
It starts out at Reno High School.
There were about 4,000 people that attended.
It was raining the day before but,
the day of the race was perfect!
We walked by the Truckee River which was beautiful!
It was fun seeing all the people in the race with their costumes!
Even the dogs!!
Cute Outfits!!
Even the police were dressed up for the event!!

(me, Charmaine, Jenay-Bernadette's daughter, Bernadette)
We were given pink carnations and water at the finish line!
Stan, Kenny, Jenay, John
Chooch, Charmaine, Bernadette, me
~Family Photo~
It was a wonderful surprise to see my sisters and 
participate in this great event!!

Hope you all had a good Mother's Day weekend!


If you have been featured on
Simple & Sweet Fridays,
feel free to add my button!
Rooted In Thyme

Enjoy the Simple & Sweet Friday linky party!

Rooted In Thyme

13 comments:

  1. Jody, what a sweet surprise from Stan. A great weekend with family and a great walk to participate in with your sisters. Thanks for sharing that. Hope the rest of your week is great. Thank you for hosting.

    xo Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow:)What a surprise..I don't know anyone who does that? And for such a great cause.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was one great surprise!..and such a wonderful time with family :-) Thank you so much for hosting and featuring my toolbox planter, Jody! Wishing you a fabulous weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful surprise - family on Mother's Day mixed with a 5 mile walk/run for Cancer. Thanks Jody for Sweet and Simple Fridays 219.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your run and so happy you had good weather. Thanks so much for hosting and the feature on adding a little bling to French Country!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Jody, what a nice surprise for you. How sweet! It looks like it was a wonderful day.
    Thank you so much for featuring my Lily of the Valley post. I will give you a shout out in my next post.
    Have a wonderful rest of your week!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jody,
    What a fantastic surprise from Stan! Your photos look like you all had an incredible time together supporting breast cancer awareness. Both my maternal grandmother and mother had breast cancer. My grandmother died from cancer, but my mother was a 20+ year survivor.

    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jody, thank you so much for supporting the breast cancer awareness. A sweet friend is battling this as I write this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Jody, what a fantastic thing to do. Love this post.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. How wonderful that you walked in this annual event, Jody. Wow, I haven't been to Reno in such a long time. The Truckee River is pretty. I have a friend who participates in this often, and I think it's such a special event.

    love, ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...