Friday, June 16, 2017

~Thrift Store Find~

I wanted to share with you a coffee table,
 I found at a thrift store.
 I could imagine it painted with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint.
I was with my friend, Mary, 
when we spotted this table at the thrift store.
They were going to throw it away.
It just needed some tender loving care.
First, Stan sanded the table.
Then, we painted it with Annie Sloan Old White Chalk Paint.
Then we scuffed some edges to make it look distressed.
Now I have a new vintage coffee table!
You can always find that special treasure
 at a thrift store!
Happy Shopping!
I love displaying artichokes that have flowered.
The artichokes are from our garden.
The flower is such a bright purple,
very pretty!!
I found the cutest French bag at 
Barnes & Noble Bookstore 
the other day.
Love the embroidery on it!!
Have a wonderful week!!


13 comments:

  1. Love everything you're sharing today, Jody. The table - what a deal, and it turned out beautifully! And I don't think I've seen artichokes in a flowering stage. . .but we only see and buy them at the Farmer's Market, don't think they'd grow in our zone, or we'd definitely have some as they're a favorite with us. The cute French straw bag is adorable, and I love how you've put the flowers in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That coffee table is so pretty! Looks great in your room too. I did not know artichokes flowered like that .....gorgeous! Those are huge. LOVE the straw bag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great coffee table. It looks terrific you and Stand sure worked your magic on it.

    I love all your pretty flowers in a row.

    Have a great weekend - it's going to be HOT.

    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your room!! Beautiful!!! I have 4 boys. I could never manage all this white, but wow. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a terrific find! I like the shape and size. It' looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the table and the bag! Bonjour!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You both did a beautiful Job on the coffee table! What a great find.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have lived with what we call, 'beg, borrowed, and stolen(off the curb) basically our whole lives. Who knew, it would become so chic, to be pickers! LOL, gorgeous revival on the table and looks de-lish in your room. Grins, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jody, You and Stan made that table awesome. I love the shape of it so much. My Teddy Bear saved an old table for my daughter, it's posted on my blog about 5 posts back. I think Liz would have loved your table too. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad you came along and rescued that beautiful table! Love what you did with it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The table is so nice I love to redo things
    Hope you come by leave a comment and follow
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been looking for a table just like this - not too big, not too small. I love the details in the wood. What a great find at the thrift store. It looks so charming in your living room. Really a lovely space.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job on the table. I thrifting and finding new things to bring back to live. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...