Monday, January 20, 2014

~New Garden Vegetables For The Raised Beds~

I went to a local nursery and picked up some vegetables
 to plant in the raised beds.
Stan started growing some vegetables by seed 
but, I fell in love with these.
I had to get them!!
Right now in January the garden looks like this,
not too bad.
Stan got the raised beds ready for the new vegetables.
Maggie loves making sure he's doing a good job.
Peas growing up a copper arch.
All the vegetables were planted this weekend.
Fleckled lettuce
Stan started these beets from seeds. 
Swiss Chard
Stan started this Kale by seed.
My miniature garden in the wheelbarrow came alive after
I cut back a lot of the plants near it.
It's always so much fun finding things we love.
~Flowers in Bloom~
I love the upright Rosemary.
Always pretty in a bouquet.
The artichokes are starting to grow.
Looking forward to a new crop.
Stock and...
Nasturtiums.
Believe it or not, we still have pumpkins growing now.
We've starting to pull them out and saving their seeds.
Hope you all had fun in your gardens!!


13 comments:

  1. Your garden looks lovely and very interesting.. I love the wheelbarrow with miniature village! take care, Maryann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our garden doesn't look too good right now. Yours is amazing. I would love for you to link up to my Inspire Me Tuesday party - -http://www.astrollthrulife.net/2014/01/200th-inspire-me-tuesday.html Hope to see you there. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like heaven to me right now having all those new plants to see grow..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to go and get some vegetables and plant them. My artichoke is doing great. Your gardens looks terrific. We have been having some wonderful weather. I'm so glad that the nights are cooler than the days, but we really need rain. We are so lucky to have such wonderful weather.
    Have a great week.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a treat to see your garden! I am so excited for spring to arrive! :)

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are in for a wealth of beautiful flowers and veggies, for sure! Your images make me think of fairy tales and Beatrix Potter's charming little gardens! So pretty, Jody!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love seeing your beautiful garden today. It's almost hard to imagine that things are green and growing in a place where the ground isn't frozen solid, like here in Idaho. I lived in San Diego when I was young and more interested in getting a tan on the beach than in gardening. Things sure are different now; oh, how I'd appreciate the weather in an entirely different way! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I'm so jealous right now. It's snowing like crazy and windy here in Jersey. It looks like its 80 degrees by you. Here it's about 12 degrees and dropping. lol Your winter garden looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your garden is amazing and I love your mini garden, especially! Seriously jealous, too! It is freezing and snowing here!

    Angela @ Number Fifty-Three

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love Love Love your garden! It was such a treat to see things growing somewhere, while it's 10 degrees and snowing here in NJ.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh look at that...........I soooo want it to be Spring. So many ideas for this year. Love your garden
    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't share this with my hub by, he would be so jealous, giggle. We are waiting for the winter to fade and we are anxious to get out in our garden. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop .Sorry I am slow to comment. I look forward to seeing what you share this week. Big Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...