Wednesday, March 4, 2015

~Christianson's Nursery in Mt. Vernon, Washington and Simple & Sweet Fridays #157~

On our road trip to the coast of Washington, we saw lots of wonderful places.
One of them was 
Christianson's Nursery
 in Mt. Vernon. 
If you're ever near Mt. Vernon, 
you have to stop by this beautiful nursery.
I couldn't believe how many gorgeous greenhouses
 they had on the property.

Christianson's was established in 1946 on the
 historic Jennings' farm.
The nursery was primarily a specialty rhododendron nursery.
In 1990, John and Toni Christianson purchased the nursery business from Bob and Margie Hart.
An old Seattle Times Newspaper holder.
Love how rustic it looks!

The former owners, Bob and Margie Hart continue to care for
 La Conner Flats,
an eleven acre English Country Garden next door to the Nursery.
They even have animals.
~A Posing Llama~



They have moved a schoolhouse and two granaries 
onto the nursery property.
The schoolhouse was built in 1888.
It is the oldest remaining one room schoolhouse in Northwest Washington and remains largely unchanged.
Rather than building new structures,
they use old buildings as a timeless reminder
of a simpler life.




They offer a unique collection of rare and unusual plants.



The gift shop is in a garage used for tractor storage 
in its former life.
The garage was built during the 1940's
and still has the original cement floor and most of the original windows and doors.



I wanted to buy everything!!
As we were leaving,
 we saw birds in the field across the road.
They were swans.
So were so graceful flying in the sky.
We had such a wonderful road trip,
 driving the coast of Washington.
 Can't wait to go back.
Just so beautiful!!




If you have been featured on
Simple & Sweet Fridays,
feel free to add my button!
Rooted In Thyme

Enjoy the Simple & Sweet Friday linky party!

Rooted In Thyme

31 comments:

  1. What a charming nursery! So many lovely photographs! Thank you so much for the feature, for hosting, and for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic photos!! My favorite is the one with the cat (I'm an animal lover)
    Thank you for hosting another party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jody and Stan,
    Thanks so much for the feature!! I will be giving you a Shout Out on Goggle + and in my next post!!
    Thanks for hosting!!
    What a great post!! Thanks for sharing this wonderful place!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I first saw MT Vernon, Washington.. I was thinking Washington DC. Dang it! I wish that place was that closer. : ) It looks like an amazing place to hang out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful spot they have created! Thanks so much for featuring my blueberry croissant puff :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing photos! I love all of the patina you captured and that tree cage, I have never seen anything like that before, cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the photographic tour. This is the kind of place I would love to visit in person.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Jody and Stan,
    I LOVE Washington and Oregon. They're two of my all time favorite States. Their beauty is just breathtaking!
    Thank you so much for sharing such lovely photos, full of beauty and history. Christianson's looks like my kind of nursery/shop. I enjoyed seeing your photos! So much - that I think I'll go back for a 3rd time and look at them again :0)
    Thanks for hosting another fun party!
    Have a great week(end),
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Jody and Stan,
    I adore visiting greenhouses and nurseries during Spring Break!!!
    I prefer going when it's drizzling, as it reminds me of an Easter spent in Holland!
    As our 2015 Project List for the interior is rapidly approaching completion,
    I will return many times to view this post as a inspirational resource for the out~of~doors Project List!
    Thank you for hosting Sweet and Simple Fridays! each week!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoyed your photos so much...thanks for sharing! What a nice surprise to see my wreath featured....thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh~ I can just smell Spring. Thank you for sharing~ that was so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I so enjoyed your photos from your trip! What lovely places! And that llama is too cute. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved seeing the photos and reading about that wonderful nursery. But the big white birds in your last photos are swans, not snow geese. I can't enlarge the photos enough to determine whether the species is Tundra or Trumpeter. But regardless, how lovely to see an entire field of those big regal birds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you birdgardens for letting me know they were swans!

      Delete
  14. I think it's time to make another trip to the coast of Washington :) This Nursery is amazing Jody! Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful place!
    sending hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely spot.

    A distant cousin lives in La Conner and seeing these photos tells me we need to take a road trip to visit her.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful trip. So happy you shared your photos. Thank you Jody for the feature this week, a lovely surprise. Thank you for Sweet and Simple Fridays 157.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a wonderful place to visit. I bet it was hard to leave there. Thanks for sharing with us!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jody, that nursery is beautiful!! Thank you for featuring my post about cooking your eggshells for the birds. It is nesting time and extra calcium is good. Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fun place to visit. Thanks for taking us along and thanks for the visit.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, what a gorgeous nursery! And shop! Those pictures definitely got me excited for spring :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love that nursery!! So glad to see spring flowers somewhere! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  22. When I grow up I want a nursery and shop just like that one!! :) Thanks for sharing that! And thanks for hosting, too! Happy to be here! ~Zuni

    ReplyDelete
  23. Dear Jody, thank you so much for featuring my Earl Grey cake! Wishing you a wonderful weekend...and thank you for hosting! xo, Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello Cute Lady! It is always a pleasure to be a part of your party. Thank you. I would love it if you would stop by our party. We pin and tweet everything.
    Happy Friday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a magical place that was. Wishing for spring now even more.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I would want to buy everything too! A beautiful tour...thanks!
    Blessings from Still Woods Farmhouse

    ReplyDelete
  27. The nursery looks a paradise for gardeners. I love the school house and the old buildings. The shop is very tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you Jody for sharing such wonderful pictures of your tour. Thank you too for hosting today.
    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi, Jody. Thanks for hosting this week's party and for posting the fabulous photos. I'm not very good at gardening, although I admire anyone who succeeds at it. I loved the animals. Have a great week. Ann Marie @ Iris Abbey

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thank you Jodi and Stan for the lovely feature this week on my Look Back at Easter 2014! It's exciting to be selected and an honor. Many thanks too for hosting your lovely party! Happy Friday!
    LuAnn ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...