Sunday, November 22, 2015

~Our Trip to Genoa, Nevada~


Stan and I went for a trip in October to see my sister, Charmaine,
 in Genoa, Nevada.
 I wanted to share some photos of the trip!
The trees were all turning to the most beautiful gold colors.
We went for a drive to Hope Valley!
The scenery and trees were just breathtaking!
I felt like I was in the movie,
"A River Runs Through It".


Me and Stan on the left. My sister, Charmaine and her husband, Chooch on the right!

My sister's house in Genoa, Nevada.
Love the blue color!

There were deer everywhere.
She has an apple tree in front of her house, 
the deer loved the fresh apples!
The Pony Express would ride through
 her town in the 1800's!
Love all the places we went to in town!
They have a monument of John"Snowshoe"Thompson, 
he delivered the mail from Placerville, California
 to Genoa, Nevada for 20 years on 10 foot skis. 

I wanted to take home all the old antiques!!
Every year the town of Genoa has a craft faire in September called,
"Genoa Candy Dance".
It originated in 1919 as an effort to raise money to purchase street lights for the small community. 
The faire features over 350 art and craft exhibitors and food vendors. I'm planning on going next year, can't wait!!
They turned the Pink House into a restaurant!
Driving through the town,
 the mountains were spectacular!!
Love the old barns!




A cute French restaurant in Town!







Unfortunately, they closed the restaurant.
I just loved how they decorated.
Hopefully, the new owners will open again.
This will be my first stop!!


It was a wonderful trip and I'm planning on visiting again to celebrate my sister's 
birthday on November 30th!



14 comments:

  1. What beautiful trip you and your HB did I love where your sister live her house its so lovely and cozy Like I always said this Country has the must beautiful Geography we drive from Florida to California when we move to Cali in 2010 with my 2 Dog end my HB it was so nine and beautiful and wonderful scenery.
    nice trip have Happy Thanksgiving with many blessing for you and your
    XO
    Isora

    ReplyDelete
  2. Genoa is a new one for me so I had to google it. What a lovely little spot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic trip. I love the photos from Nevada.I also love your sisters house and that cute, french resturant. Wow.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the photos! We were in Utah in September and I just love the mountains. It's good that you got to see some pretty fall trees too. I would love to go to that craft fair. Can I come too:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The photos were awesome.

    I've been to Candy Dance many years ago. Had a great time.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely area! And your sisters house is wonderful. You take marvelous photos and it felt like I was on a mini vacation. Thank you for sharing. :) Kit

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those fall colors are just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely trip. I will have to check out that city, looks very interesting. Thanks for sharing the pictures with
    us.
    Happy Thanksgiving
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't you love having a sister? That lives in such a photogenic place to boot:)

    Happy for you..You're like Roy Rogers and Dale Evans.
    Yes HT!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I think I just died and went to Heaven. What a beautiful trip! Gorgeous photos. Happy birthday to Charmaine!

    Happy Thanksgiving! oxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh all that eye candy! The leaves, that adorable quaint restaurant, the barns, and that Lake I just want to grab my paddle! Looks like you had a great time, and Hpy Borthday to your sis!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello cute lady! Thanks for hosting such a fabulous party. We are thrilled to be featured by you! Please take a minute to swing by our party that goes until Friday @ 7. We pin and tweet everything! Happy Thanksgiving! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello cute lady! Thanks for hosting such a fabulous party. We are thrilled to be featured by you! Please take a minute to swing by our party that goes until Friday @ 7. We pin and tweet everything! Happy Thanksgiving! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous trip and so beautiful, educational and well darn, exciting. Thanks for the tip---hopefully we will get on the road next year...and head that way, Sandi

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...