Tuesday, November 10, 2015

~Virginia's Themed Birthday Party and Simple & Sweet Fridays #193~

It's always so much fun planning a birthday party
for a girlfriend.
I wanted to share with you photos of 
Virginia's,
 ~Uncorked and Uncapped Birthday Party~

I hosted the party at my house.
On our front door,
I used a chalkboard to illustrate the theme of the party.
Even added some decorations around it.
I thought a Beer and Wine tasting party
 would be fun for my girlfriends!
I had Stan help me set up a chopping table 
with the drinks displayed on it.
I stamped out utensils on note cards with black ink.
I found some chalkboard paper at Joanne's Fabric Store
 to cover the dining room table.
I used chalk to outline our dinner plates to give it a whimsical look.
I used white napkins with the notecards and fresh picked
 thyme from the garden.
I loved the simple way the place setting turned out!

I used a mason jar from the 99 Cent store to serve water and also wrote the guest's names on it for a place tag.
I loved the chalkboard label on it!
Carly brought home the perfect table centerpieces.
Fresh flowers for the center and live succulents on the sides,
gave the table some color.
It turned out to be a fun tablescape for the theme!
For the appetizers, I served different cheeses
with toasted french baguettes,
crackers, marcona almonds, and olives.
My son, Scott, helped me make fresh soft pretzels.
I served them with Stone Brewing Co. mustards.
Delicious!
I used brown paper to display the appetizers on.
Black markers to show the different dishes.
I also served salami, grapes and
 goat cheese with homemade fig jam.
We cheered the birthday girl with a Moscow Mule!!
Yuri brought different Belgian Hefeweizen Beers.
We also tried a craft beer (Golden) from 
Coronado Brewery Company in San Diego.
 ~2014 World Beer Champion~
They all were very good!
For lunch I cooked Cornish Game Hens with Stuffed Wild Rice.

I had lights to set the party mood!





For our craft, we made wine charms!
I found the cutest little owls at Michael's Craft Store.
We used different colored beads for the charms.
All the girls did a great job on their charms,
they turned out so pretty!
A little dessert with 
Chocolate Stout and Ice Cream.
A dessert plate with goodies!
I stamped and embellished the banner for the birthday cake.
~Rum Cake~
Tami, Linda, Mary, Me, Virgina and Yuri

Thanks to all my girlfriends,
 Virginia's Birthday Party was a success!!



If you have been featured on
Simple & Sweet Fridays,
feel free to add my button!
Rooted In Thyme

Enjoy the Simple & Sweet Friday linky party!

Rooted In Thyme

21 comments:

  1. Hi Jody! Its been a while since I've been on bloggyland, but am perusing and having some fun. I joined your party with an important and hopefully helpful message for anyone else who hasn't tried cultured foods yet. Beautiful and envious :D party I might add, and those women are sooo very lucky to have you for a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the party, for once I caught it early!, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, Jody! How lucky your dear friend is to have you! You are so darn creative! I LOVE your tablescape (what a fun idea to use chalkboard paper) and as usual, all of the food served looks so YUMMY! Thank you so much for always inspiring me-and for featuring my Thanksgiving tablescape!! Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonsoir! Thanks for the party and for inspiration. Hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great Birthday Party. I am sure Virginia was over the moon. Everything was perfect - all the food look yummy and the decorations - great. Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful Birthday Party with us.
    Have a terrific weekend.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jody and Stan,
    You two really know how to "throw a party", dear friends!!!
    I loved every detail from the decorations to the menus!!!
    Nicely done!!!
    Thank you for hosting Simple and Sweet Fridays! each week!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jody , I think any friend of yours is very lucky to have you!!! What a wonderful table and food you made!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute party! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love, love, love how your table turned out, especially the "tablecloth"--love the "chargers" you drew for the plates!! Very fun, creative ideas, Jody! Thanks for the inspiration, and thanks for hosting a fun party! ~Zuni

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jody,
    What a beautiful party you did for your bff's birthday. Everything looked so wonderful. I bet you all had a great time together. You must share your stuffed wild rice cornish hens with me. I love cornish hens and the stuffing looks sooooo yummy. Have a great Friday and week end.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun party & delicious menu! Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jody, what a lovely birthday party! I took notes. I'd love to reproduce something just like that for my bff. Thanks for featuring both of my blogs, I feel truly honored. Have a lovely weekend and thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, I wish I were your girlfriend and it was my birthday! Great party you threw for your friend! And thank you so much for featuring my Rustic Brown Paper Christmas Tree today, what a pleasant surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now that's an amazing party you put together. I'm just swinging by to thank you for hosting this week's link party. I'm always delighted that your fantastic ideas are followed by so many other talented individuals. Ann Marie at Iris Abbey www.irisabbey.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello fabulous! I can’t wait each week to party with you. Thank you! Please take a moment to stop by our party that goes until Friday at 7 pm. We love pinning and tweeting each masterpieces that come to our party. Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello fabulous! I can’t wait each week to party with you. Thank you! Please take a moment to stop by our party that goes until Friday at 7 pm. We love pinning and tweeting each masterpieces that come to our party. Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  17. That was a gorgeous party for your friend Virginia! I am going to note some of the ideas for my next party. I especially loved the chalkboard tablecloth! Your friends are very lucky to be friends with you!! Awesome. I was so very surprised to see my mail sorting table featured. I am very honored. Thank you!! Thank you for hosting each week.

    xo Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a great fiesta for your girlfriend. i love all the awesome details. thank you for hosting another week. have a lovely weekend. xo- maryjo
    https://masterpiecesofmylife.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a gorgeous gathering! It looks like it was a lot of fun!
    Thank you so much for the wonderful feature and hosting the creativity, Jody!
    Hope you're having a great week~

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...